twin entry

patch

i am looking at puting a twin entry turbo set up from a 185 on my 165. first can it be done?? what are some of the drawbacks and or plus of this set up?? and lastly where can i find info on how to do it??? thanks.

theUNYTEDone

i was reading some benefits of twin entry, i dont remember from what post/thread/website, though....but with twin entry, isn't it true that the manifold runners have better flow, due to less/no cylinder cycle clash? i thought it has better airflow...but then again, i suppose it would only result in a slightly better spool? :shrug:

toayoztan

theUNYTEDone":3ul2ueal said:
i was reading some benefits of twin entry, i dont remember from what post/thread/website, though....but with twin entry, isn't it true that the manifold runners have better flow, due to less/no cylinder cycle clash? i thought it has better airflow...but then again, i suppose it would only result in a slightly better spool? :shrug:

No, you're right. Because of the certain firing order, the twin entry doesn't cause as much "exhaust flow clashing" and here's something i actually just read last night to help explain a little. There's actually no drawbacks to switching over to twin entry.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobyga ... 102.html#c

Bryan