3sgte into a ae86

A

Anonymous

I am Garrett Gustkey I am from Coorado Springs.Colorado . I am purchaseing a 3generation 3sgte for my 1987 toyota corolla GT-S sport coupe I am seeking a gt-4 alltrace that is in seriusly bad shape for parts that I can transplant into my GT-S. The stock 4age bores me to tears. I can get a w-58 from the local bone yard at any time for $200 for the trany, clutch fork. Cross member and drive shaft. The 3sgte does not have the turbo induction system to it at all( only basic long block ) I want a very powerful All Toyota -Toyota Street machine that I can say I built. is there any one out here who can help with knowledge base and parts?

Maloy

I think club4ag has a writeup on that swap, id also check hachiroku.net people are usually a bit more helpful on hachiroku.net
People have done that swap before, if i remember right you have to use spacers on the lower crossmember to lower the whole motor to clear the hood. You would probably need custom manifolds, and it would probably be best/easiest to go standalone fuel management. I would probably get the ct27 combo kit with the fuel supporting mods from atsracing for 2k.
Just be sure to strengthen the ae86 chassis, you can really feel the body flex once you hit about 150hp on the 4ag so you can only imagine what 250hp or so would do.
Good Luck! keep us posted.