Maybe not the cheapest..........but better in the long run?

xeladur

Ok, so 2nd and 3rd cylander plugs are getting oil socked. My engine will sputter, and I have no power. Duh, I change my plugs........problem comes back, thus i must have an oil leak.
The guy I got the car off of switched to full sythetic without changing old seals. I witched to a blend(figured it would be better then straight).
I want to change out all my gaskets and seals, and was wondering if it would be better to just save all my engine stuff for all at once. I have some cash saved up, i could do an oem rebuild, nothing fancy. I know she was abused the hell out of before I got her.
Any thoughts??

P.S.
1990 AllTrac,5spd,138,000miles, abused & bruised :shock:

GMan

Try the Valve cover seal, it is pretty cheap, and it has philip srews
to tightten, they loosen up all the time.

Try some hex head bolts as replacements.

If you are going to pull the engine anyway, then a full seal repalcement
makes sense.

Regards;

xeladur

Thnx! I am praying its just vavle cover seals, was not sure how envavling it would be. My time off from work means I ama t school all day. So, I will be requesting time off from work, have parts ahead of time, and get cracken. 8)

haireball9

if you are getting oil on the plugs the tubes are leaking. you can remove the tubes with a monkeywrench and put vinyl plumbers tape around then to seal the bottoms. the top seals should come with the valve cover gasket kit. i had to do it to my 162st before.

theUNYTEDone

the rebuild would be by far the best option. since the motors out, you can basically look the whole thing over and eliminate any problems you find. a bit pricey, yes...maybe this should be a last resort in the event no other attempts work....but since you'll be doing a rebuild, why not go slightly upgraded? :evil:

my car was abused, too...but it's getting pampered now. :oops:

xeladur

ya, I am gunna look into how much a full rebuild kit would cost. & also see if I can`t find the the big green book. I`ll need to pick a time when I have like a week off of school and maybe even work. I havent ever done engine work on a fuel injected turbo charged car before. But I am up for the challange 8)

I hope :shoots: