hey everybody!! looking to buy.

fresno

hi, i'm new to this site. i currently dont own an all trac, but i am looking to buy one. i am hoping to get my hands on a 165 gt4. anyone in here knows of anybody near CA that is selling there gt4? i would really love to buy one.

xeladur

I had been selling my st185. But after getting intot he boards and around fellow gt4 owners, I wised up. Other wise I would offer mine :wink:

theUNYTEDone

hey fresno, welcome. check out the "all tracs for sale" thread. lots of great deals there...there's acylon's rally 165, if you're interested... :evil:

fresno

do the 165's break down easily. are they high maintenance cars. any help would be appreciated thanks.

theUNYTEDone

depending on the condition of the one you buy, it's been said that they DO have probably more than their fair share of problems...browsing helps a lot, and there's a LOT of 165 tech questions you can read up on to prepare yourself.

d1alltrac

fresno":1fm27pqz said:
do the 165's break down easily. are they high maintenance cars. any help would be appreciated thanks.

well, as with ANY 18 year old car you will have your fair share of headaches. but if all regular maintenece has been kept up with and most of the cracked/dried out rubber has been replaced you should be good.

the only problems i have had with my 165 have been a blown turbo and....well cant think of anything else, but the turbo was my fault.

browse the forum and search some and you will see common problems on 165's. they do need some work now and then but its all worth it in the end.

fresno

oh, the reason i asked if they have high maintence is because all of the 165's for sale either need a tune up or a new motor. i just can't seem to find one that is running. well, thanks guys i really appreciate the help.

theUNYTEDone

fresno":8mebrmhf said:
oh, the reason i asked if they have high maintence is because all of the 165's for sale either need a tune up or a new motor. i just can't seem to find one that is running. .

just keep browsing, you're bound to find something sooner or later. and in the meantime, you'll further learn the car, and be PREPARED for when you get one.