I'm new

88alltracohio

My name is James, I'll be 16 in December. I just bought a 1988 All Trac from v3rs3. I live in Gahanna, Ohio; which is right outside of Columbus. I guess that's pretty much it.

88alltracohio

here they are...

front.jpg

side.jpg

back.jpg

alltracbackacrosstrunk.jpg

Interior, not that anyone cares, but I have em so I'm posting em
frontinterior.jpg

seats.jpg

3SGTE
3sgte.jpg

MetalliKAT97

Good luck and God speed.
poor 16 yr old child needs to spend his allowance on his car....and not for anything fun either :p j/k

Good luck hopefully she makes you happy.

88alltracohio

Thanks guys. I've been saving up, working 2 part time jobs and cutting grass for the last year and a half. I orginally wanted an MKII MR2 Turbo, cause I like the 3SGTE engine a lot; but just a few months ago, i started to like the All-Trac more. And I was lucky enough to have one for sale in Columbus.

syko says

WOW! 16! i think that makes you the youngest four owner now! i dont know, i could be wrong lol. anyway, clean 165 though. its in way better shape than my car. i hope for the best for the both of you haha.

PS. you probably have the most bad ass car in your school now :p

*EDIT* dude, youre not even 16 yet! 16 in december, jesus christ... just watch now.. you will be a gary in the making. :twisted: and if you dont know who gary is, you will soon enough haha

black88inmd

I was a few months before 15 when I found mine. Started doing work on it before I was 15 too lol. 16 now so I may still be taking the cake. Welcome to the to boards, nice to have someone younger :D

I have to say I love the interior. You're car is pretty much the inside out version of mine. Everytime I see that stock shifter I have to giggle.

88alltracohio

Haha, thanks. I wish I had the fastest, but I'm the third. There's a kid, with crazy rich parents who bought him a loaded + more (tvs in head rest, phat 22inch chrome rims, 4 kicker 15 inch subs) 65,000 dollar hummer. Then he decided he wanted a car. On his 17th birthday, they traded in the hummer, paid the extra, to get a fully, loaded with most of the performance upgrades SALEEN S281. And then one of my kinda friends parents just bought him a 1998 BMW M3. It's ridiculuos. But hey, thrids not to bad. :) , and by the time I'm a senior in high school, if the M3 stays stock, I might be able to get to second.

gt4tified

Dude, if I was there close to you.....I'd willingly lend you my 185 so you could whup the crap out of that M3 (hopefully :lol: )

db

88alltracohio":2ptkfl01 said:
And then one of my kinda friends parents just bought him a 1998 BMW M3. It's ridiculuos. But hey, thrids not to bad. :) , and by the time I'm a senior in high school, if the M3 stays stock, I might be able to get to second.

You know, those M3's of that generation only had 240 hp stock. And since your car might be lighter, with a few bolt-ons, you probably would be faster than him.

Khyron

db":3hnqnwj0 said:
88alltracohio":3hnqnwj0 said:
And then one of my kinda friends parents just bought him a 1998 BMW M3. It's ridiculuos. But hey, thrids not to bad. :) , and by the time I'm a senior in high school, if the M3 stays stock, I might be able to get to second.

You know, those M3's of that generation only had 240 hp stock. And since your car might be lighter, with a few bolt-ons, you probably would be faster than him.

Wow, I didn't know that. I always thought they were in the 300 range... and when you think about what one of those costs new (circa 40K) that's not so hot. They still look tough imho.

d1alltrac

Khyron":erfczifk said:
db":erfczifk said:
88alltracohio":erfczifk said:

Wow, I didn't know that. I always thought they were in the 300 range... and when you think about what one of those costs new (circa 40K) that's not so hot. They still look tough imho.

It's just another example of the US getting screwed, european models had either the S50B30 (3.0L 286hp) or later the S50B32 (3.2L 321hp) with individual throttle bodies and all the usual ///M goodness.

Originally, BMW never intended to bring the E36 M3 to the US but there ended up being huge demand for it. It wouldn't have been easy enough to get the Euro motor to pass US emissions and it would have made the cars ridiculously expensive, so the US model got the 240hp engines (earlier 3.0, later 3.2) w/o ITB and stuff. This is acutally the biggest reason why a large part of the BMW community generally considers the USDM E36 M3 more of a "332" and the Euro model a true M3.

But still, a stock 98 USDM E36 M3 should run 14 flat in the 1/4 so it'll take a little work to get there with a trac.

Oh BTW, if I could only have one car and I had to choose between a 98 M3 and a 165 I would definately take the AllTrac. :wink: (unless it was a euro e36 ///M :p )