Selection of Exhaust?

smog7

Just wondering but what kind of exhaust systems are available for the st185? I really havent seen alot out in the market...

Gary

Downpipe : Aussie, KO-racing, Motoria (SS autochrome), Blitz diffuser
Midpipe : Aussie, Motoria (SS autochrome)
Catback : Blitz Nur Spec, HKS Silent, Aussie, Motoria (SS autochrome) and some other discontinued ones (HKS Hiper, HKS Sport)

theUNYTEDone

there's also the possibility of getting a custom system.
a friend of mine got his 3" mandrel bent system for about 300, he just bought the muffler...

this was the route i went only i was crush bent up around the rear CMember. it's not that bad, though. better that the 2.5" that was there previously.

d1alltrac

there was also an AP Engineering 3in SS mid-pipe, a few of us bought them a while back but I don't think they're sold anymore.

smog7

im not exactly sure what size would suit my car the best... not looking for really high power, car is stock. just want a nice loud sounding system

Gary

Why would you want a loud exhaust?
Any aftermarket exhaust without a cat will be loud.
Sound like a 2.5" system should fit your goal.

theUNYTEDone

alltrac7":2n46dshw said:
i like to hear the engine running.

i do believe that you can hear the engine regardless of whether or not you've an aftermarket exhaust. Syko's Four is bone stock except for an air filter and a GT32 turbo. i can hear his engine (not turbo) just fine...

oh and also, wasn't there a mongoose exh. for our cars?

d1alltrac

theUNYTEDone":kgqttzpb said:
oh and also, wasn't there a mongoose exh. for our cars?

yeah, there's mongoose, blue flame and maybe a couple others...all from the UK. Pretty much no one in the US has imported any because shipping usually ends up close to the actual price of the exhaust. :doh: