what's that?

New members MUST post a new intro thread before they can access the rest of the forum.

what's that?

Postby eddie_gt4 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:51 am

that little piece of rubber, what's that and what's it for? :shrug:
CS version doesn't have such thing...

Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
'90 Toyota Celica turbo 4WD ST185 - ex
'96 Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205 - now
eddie_gt4
Club Member

Postby Mafix » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:48 pm

might be a scrape bump or perhaps a balance peice...either way it shouldn't be needed.
Mafix
Gold Member

Postby muneo » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:32 pm

Its a weight specifically made to dampen certain resonances from the chasis. There should also be one along the driveshaft area. I took mine off and didnt notice any difference in noise or comfort level. Pretty much everyone that has said that they removed them didnt notice any differences. Its just added weight in my opinion. It cant be a scrape bump. You'd tear your bumper off before it ever reaches that rubber.
Ex-185 Owner
muneo
Established Member

Postby eddie_gt4 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:27 am

muneo wrote:Its a weight specifically made to dampen certain resonances from the chasis. There should also be one along the driveshaft area. I took mine off and didnt notice any difference in noise or comfort level. Pretty much everyone that has said that they removed them didnt notice any differences. Its just added weight in my opinion. It cant be a scrape bump. You'd tear your bumper off before it ever reaches that rubber.

I agree, that thing doesn't look like a "scrape bump", because it's situated too high...
but in my opinion it also seems to be too light to be a "weight", so that's why I'm asking :shrug:
'90 Toyota Celica turbo 4WD ST185 - ex
'96 Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205 - now
eddie_gt4
Club Member

Postby muneo » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:28 pm

Its possible it could be something else but the general consensus from previous threads is that it reduces certain frequencies or vibrations on the chasis. I know it was mentioned in the Weight reduction thread. Check it out If your still curious.
Ex-185 Owner
muneo
Established Member

Return to New Member Forum