what's that?

eddie_gt4

that little piece of rubber, what's that and what's it for? :shrug:
CS version doesn't have such thing...

copyofpicture033wr0.jpg

copyofpicture036ci7.jpg

muneo

Its a weight specifically made to dampen certain resonances from the chasis. There should also be one along the driveshaft area. I took mine off and didnt notice any difference in noise or comfort level. Pretty much everyone that has said that they removed them didnt notice any differences. Its just added weight in my opinion. It cant be a scrape bump. You'd tear your bumper off before it ever reaches that rubber.

eddie_gt4

muneo":25hjq4jg said:
Its a weight specifically made to dampen certain resonances from the chasis. There should also be one along the driveshaft area. I took mine off and didnt notice any difference in noise or comfort level. Pretty much everyone that has said that they removed them didnt notice any differences. Its just added weight in my opinion. It cant be a scrape bump. You'd tear your bumper off before it ever reaches that rubber.

I agree, that thing doesn't look like a "scrape bump", because it's situated too high...
but in my opinion it also seems to be too light to be a "weight", so that's why I'm asking :shrug:

muneo

Its possible it could be something else but the general consensus from previous threads is that it reduces certain frequencies or vibrations on the chasis. I know it was mentioned in the Weight reduction thread. Check it out If your still curious.