new meat

ikcus

Heah all, Nice site you guys have. Just bought a 90 All-Trac, so I guess I need to be here. The good news is this is my current and only project non daily driver......Well, I lie from time to time. I always have too many projects, but this one is, let's just say, Special. Some background, I am a die hard Datsun fan, from the early Z era. Also in my adventures I have trusted Volvo's and Volkswagens. As for Toyota's I have only owned there 4X4's, and yes I love them. My quest for the last few years has been to find and build an AWD manual gearbox'ed turbo vehicle. My choices were an 93 Audi S4, an 88-89 Mazada 323 GTX, or a Toyota All-Trac. I looked at all, but the All-Trac always won in performance, price, reliability and further more looks. Since riding in my first Audi Q-Sport in the 80's I have always deemed the AWD vehicle far superior. Driving my All-Trac for the first time 600 miles home only solidified this belief. I am happy to say, that I can not wait to see how this car progresses and turns out in the end.

ikcus,

ikcus

Thanks for the warm welcome. Well, I am located in the Capital of California, and earth 2 is an old joke\legend. I wish I was in Europe. Would be easier to get my hands on cars not available in the States. As for pics:

Attachments

• IM001777.JPG
    IM001777.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IM001778.JPG
    IM001778.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IM001793.JPG
    IM001793.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 68

ikcus

Here is were I am at now:

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

I have a slightly used CT-26 on the way due to damage on the one in the pic. The old turbo had a nice water leak and a slightly damaged turbine. All the exhaust gaskets are getting replaced as well as the head gasket. Check out the rusty water. Once that is done, and the car passes smog. The fun will begin. I plan on finding another motor and building it. I will use this one for the every two year inspection.

darthripley

welcome :)

the body looks nice on the car and good plan having a stock spare motor to plop in for inspections.

i can't see the last 2 pics :(

toayoztan

Hey nice pics there, looks pretty clean on the body!

What ps fluid is in that resevoir?? Just curious is all, in the pic it looks bluish haha, or could just be dirty resevoir.

Bryan

ikcus

Beer always helps on the manual labor. Yes this will be quite a project, but I am looking forward to it. I was surprised with the removal of the exhaust manifold, turbo and downpipe. At first glance I thought it was going to be quite harder than it actually was. Replacing the turbo flange and mainfold gasket on my V70R was quite more difficult. Waiting on parts now, so all it has been is clean clean clean under the hood.

gt4tified

Very nice alltrac.....what the heck is that in the first pic to the front left corner of the engine bay, next to the fusebox but the alternator????

I have nothing of the sort on my trac. :shrug:

ikcus

So yes, some progress has happened, but most of the work has been cleaning. Waiting on parts sucks. Right now I feel I have only cleaned 2 of 4 Washington state winters from under the bonnet. Tonight, I should get a compression check done and if all checks well, I will wait for parts and keep cleaning. If the test is marginal or crappy, the head is coming off. We will see.

Before

IMG_0802.jpg

After, but not finished

IMG_0817.jpg