jlevo8

What's up everyone? My name is James and I just picked up an '88 celica all trac blue. I came across it on craigslist from a guy in Quincy for $500, lucky me! The car is rough but no major dents and no rust**

List of things to be done:
2 front axles
4 wheel brake job
new clutch
4 tires
exhaust :cry:
fuel pump-done
right rear wheel bearing
mystery oil leak?(134,000 miles) any help or hints would be nice.
Thanks

90TURBO4WD

welcome :smokes:

where about is your leak coming from?what kind of fluid?etc.?? kinda hard to just guess at what your leaking.
nice buy pretty cheap just needs some TLC from the sound of it.

jlevo8

The oil leak is coming from the timing cover side, is there any oil leaks that are frequent with the 3sgte motors?

Gary

I think I have seen that car before parking on West St. and Copeland St.
It looks pretty clean from the outside.
Any way, congrats on the purchase.
Don't worry much about the oil leak.
You will find out where it is when you do the clutch. :shoots:

RIalltrac

leak would probably be the cam seals or the valve cover, prime spot for both of those leaks, but like Gary said, when you yank the motor for the clutch job you'll find it. As far as clutches are concerned, I have a spec st. 2 in my 90, I like it, I drive my car everyday with a good mix of city and highway driving. But the clutch would definately depend on what your doing with the car. You keeping it mostly stock?

jlevo8

Thanks for the info guys, you are a big help! As for my user name I am a die hard Mitsu fan with the exception of love for other AWD cars. I also like Infiniti G20's :shrug:

theUNYTEDone

jlevo8":34ve6smg said:
Thanks for the info guys, you are a big help! As for my user name I am a die hard Mitsu fan with the exception of love for other AWD cars. I also like Infiniti G20's :shrug:

haha jp man.
its just that....well, yenno. this is a toyota forum. :D