Spark plug removal

smog7

How do i get them to come out?? I have followed the instructions in the manual but the suckers wont budge.

Shaggz00

what do you mean they wont budge? You can't turn them loose, or you just can't get them out of the hole?

smog7

SuperWhite92":1o85qb2n said:
alltrac7":1o85qb2n said:
i cant even get the plug boot off

You're kidding, I hope.

You just grab the boot (Not the wire) and pull it up. If it's tough, you might have to wiggle it a bit too.

nope. im not. those bastards are stuck. my brother couldnt get them off either. i dont know why they wont budge.

toayoztan

I've had them stuck before. Do what ^he said and be careful. It's best to be patient and borrow a boot puller than rip a wire/boot. I hope the metal piece(?) inside the plug wire boot gets ripped and stuck on the spark plug itself :doh: I've seen that happen on another car, luckily it left enough for needle nose pliers to grab it and pull it out.

Bryan

BLOWNTACO

Hell, if they're that stuck, go and get some new wires and destroy the old ones. A little trick to keep that from happening, while you're at the parts store get some dielectric grease and put a small amount in the boot. Lubes them up nicely and keeps them from causing headaches when its time to replace the plugs again.

smog7

i really need to get a boot puller. i spent a good half hour trying to get those damn things out today.

toayoztan

BLOWNTACO":2a8gpu80 said:
Hell, if they're that stuck, go and get some new wires and destroy the old ones. A little trick to keep that from happening, while you're at the parts store get some dielectric grease and put a small amount in the boot. Lubes them up nicely and keeps them from causing headaches when its time to replace the plugs again.

Also, dielectric grease helps to prevent arcing from moisture, etc.
Bryan

smog7

somewhat on the same topic, but should i go with some oem pug wires? or are their better and cheaper alternatives out their?