Advice before the motor goes back in (ST165)?

97JZA80

Hi guys, been lurking on the site for a while and never registered/posted for a while. I picked up a ST165 just to mess around with, the motor need sto go back in. Any advice on preventative things to do before it goes back in? We are planning TB/Water Pump, Rear Main, new trans mount, oil pan reseal and some other odds and ends. Also any tips on motor re-installation are welcomed. Thanks!

Mike
88 TRAC
97 Supra
98 GS400
00 Tundra

Highway

not performance related but, your engine bay, clean and paint it, you wont regret it (you may if you dont)

check all your wires/connectors while you can get to them all.

clean/repaint where your battery tray is.

good luck! :D

edv-tek

I would use some heatshielding around certain hot spots in the wiring. Especially up on top of the engine and alternator area. And for Tim's sake ceramic coat anything and everything. It looks good and keeps the heat from building up more or less.

jlspec

Mainly do all the hoses once the mother is out. There are a few that is going to be the BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ASS when it breaks.

97JZA80

Appreciate all the advice guys. Not sure when I am going to start this though its dam cold on the east coast. I will keep everyone updated. The car is really clean. The interior is very nice and body is straight. Has a Supra ct26 and a custom Downpipe other than that its stock and just needs some paint.