brake upgrade

Madhun

Hi,
been lurking for awhile after buying Hang Times 88 165,so now its time for some dumb questions.
if i order the 185 calipers and rotors for front,will i need anything else?
please let me know,
Dave

Madhun

funny guy ,.........we kill u last :lol:
really though,is calipers,rotors and PADS all i need to do the conversion to 185 brakes?Is the knuckle ready to accept the 185 stuff?
thanks
Dave

TomsGT4

Do braided lines really make that much of a difference when you wouldn't be applying the braking force that you would with a big brake kit?

Sifu

TomsGT4":3ny0ni2f said:
Do braided lines really make that much of a difference when you wouldn't be applying the braking force that you would with a big brake kit?

It doesn't hurt since you're already down there. The main difference with SS lines is to eliminate as much expanding as possible, much like a SS clutch line. Pedal feel will be much more linear too.

Sifu

theUNYTEDone":1eu03mvf said:
running the risk of SS lines blowing up is eliminated as well, yes?
Yah. Even though brake line failure is rare this will eliminate expansion and breakage.

C-dubb

theUNYTEDone":5vuhp33n said:

The risk of SS lines blowing is much less than the risk of OEM lines blowing. I would think.

Madhun

cool thanks for replies,so do i need a loaded caliper with brackets or bare 185 calipers willl do ?thanks
Dave

etantshi

C-dubb":rvuuzx7e said:
theUNYTEDone":rvuuzx7e said:

The risk of SS lines blowing is much less than the risk of OEM lines blowing. I would think.

I dunno, I've had a J-speed ss line bust on me, I replaced it with the original that I took off the car. The original seemed to last oh... 16 years while the ss line didn't last but a little over 1... I've never had a OEM line bust, not to say that it cannot happen, just to say that they are a little more robust than people give them credit for.