New to the board

maxxhavoc

New to the board and to Alltracs, but not new to Celicas. I do my own body and mechanical work, just need more time for the toys.

My first car, a '71 ST (long ago):
celica.jpg

I am a big rally fan, so I got a good deal on a rally-prepped ST185. The previous owner was less than gentle, however.

57b.jpg

94b.jpg

The frame is a little tweaked, nothing horrible. I also need to replace a front control arm. I would take current pics, but the front bumper, fenders, etc are pulled and it looks worse than it is. I have most of the replacement body parts in hand, it should go together quickly once I get the frame fixed.

It also came with a matching '90 GT-S which they were going to scrap for the shell since the engine "died". One fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel rail, and 4 injectors later it became my daily driver.

When I want to go fast, I drive one of 3 Turbo Z's.
DCP02500.JPG

Shaggz00

Welcome to the forum!

I love your Z collection. What's amazing is that I have a friend here in MD who has the EXACT same Z collection. Same colors and everything.
His white 84 is the SS version, and his red one has a built turbo'd X-terra engine. His 50th anniversary is exactly the same thou.

On the subject of Celi's, We would all love to see pics, nevermind the body panels missing. I can tell you we would all like to see engine and interior shots :D

ikcus

Welcome. Another Z guy. In my last life I owned many Z's but they were all 240/260/280. I will take the rear end from your 84 Turbo Anniversary model. Hahaha. You have some work to do with the 185, but get it back on the road. Good luck and welcome.

syko says

are those skid plates i see on your 185? are they custom? i would think so. anyway, nice 71 celica. in with my own eyes, i have only seen one first generation celica, and it was a sight to see.

oh and welcome and +1 for more pictures! also, i do reccomend the search button, saves lots of time :wink:

theUNYTEDone

welcome!
i like how in the first picture with the alltrac (upside down one) it says "ok" just in front of the rear wheel. :lol:

maxxhavoc

Both the Alltrac and the GT-S combined cost around $5000 after shipping. Also included were the stock wheels (in addition to the racing wheels and mud tires), a spare rear diff, a spare tranny w/transfer, a couple of spare coilovers, light pod, 2 front brake assemblies, a single halfshaft, and 2 front control arms.

I have also had to buy a Passenger door, front bumper, front garnish, some JDM fenders to chop up, all front lights, passenger mirror. In addition, I got some big chunks of unibody/frame for welding in. I also picked up some stuff as it presented itself cheap for rally spares; a driveshaft and yet more control arms. The money is starting to add up, but hey, it's a VERY worthwhile project.

There were skidplates, the main sumpguard was damaged and discarded before I got the car. The rear diff and hub covers are still there.

I am still trying to figure out what exactly I have. I always wanted an ST185, but that doesn't mean I know them close up. It is supposed to be a '90, but it looks like it has ABS (or a seriously heavy duty brake balance controller?)? Also, the engine was a replacement from a later year (it's at least the 3rd engine this car has had in it). Obviously the fuel cell and cabin/engine bay fire suppression is not stock. You guys will probably have a better idea about some of the stuff I have here than I do. I've been playing with Z's too long....cheap horsepower can be addictive.

Here are some pics. The engine was covered in New York mud, so it took some cleaning right off, but it's still pretty nasty. I will get more up in time as I clear out my work area more and get more accomplished.

Bay1.JPG

Bay2.JPG

Interiior1.JPG

Interior2.JPG

InteriorRear1.JPG

TheAutoholic

hacker_720":36ddzra9 said:
um... looks like a second gen engine to me.

there is a scary ammount of info on here, enjoy!
He said its the 3rd engine that has been in there, not 3rd gen. I saw that too and confused for a sec before I caught what he was saying.

Sifu

gt4tified":2ri37lwu said:
theUNYTEDone":2ri37lwu said:
man, that fuel cell is somethin' else...

Took the words right outta my mouth Nigel! :D

It took me a 2nd try to find where he was writing about.
"I only see cardboard next to that BIG red box??? OH!!!!"

Nice work on the cage too. Get her cleaned up and she'll be a beaut!

maxaud

I know someone who is looking for the front mount lights that are in the passenger seat if you are willing to sell, PM me if you are. thanks.

maxxhavoc

Yeah, it was on Ebay. There used to be a link to it in the forums here as well.

And yes, the mirror was broken. It has been replaced, as well as the door it is attached to.