Just registered, new here!

5S-FE

I just registered on this website, I'm a member of CelicaTech.com under the same username. I love the All-Tracs on this website, however I myself own a 92' Celica GTS - it's not an all-trac but I love it! :D

A little about my car; she's bright red, automatic (yes I know :(), fully loaded w/ system 10 system, the cool part is it's the 92' revision model that came later in the year, with the new bumpers etc.

Plans for her: I'd love to go with a CS hood but it's farking expensive, and I've got no turbo under the hood so it seems pointless. It needs a new head unit, the stock system 10 deck only plays audio cd's when it wants to, and most of the time the quality it plays at is horrible. :doh:

I really want to go with a set of new rims, but I'm not sure what size to go with and what type of rims to go with.

I'm in Canada, btw. I'll get a photo of her up when I can! :D

Photos

cimg4392xu6.jpg

cimg4406rb7.jpg

toayoztan

Hey clean car you have there, looks to be in good shape.

Any plans for future motor swaps or big upgrades?

Bryan

5S-FE

The only upgrade I've got in mind at this point would be new wheels/tires. I wouldn't mind getting the car painted black, but it's going to cost around the price of wheels/tires, I'd rather go for the new wheels/tires, because the paints fine.

Other than that I don't really want to spend big bucks on it, I'd rather just keep it as maintained as possible. :D

If I bought a new deck, what would I do about the huge space left underneath the new deck, since the System 10 head is so big.

System 10 (takes up space of two decks)
[cd]
[radio etc.]

New Deck (takes up one space)
[ ]
[open space here]

Would I be able to buy some sort of cover?

maxaud

nice car, I'm sure I've seen you around on celicatech.com

Most install kits come with a cubby that goes in place of the open spot.

Nothing wrong with a GT-S, I've got a 90 Red GT-S as my Daily Driver- I love that car. Just be thankful that you haven't fallen under the infamous "toyota red paint that fades to pink" curse. You may want to read around on here when you install your new head unit- I gather there is some sort of trick to it since you have system 10. There is a seperate amp under the drivers seat that I believe powers the 8" subs in the door and possibly the door tweets, and some people have problems after installing a new head unit. I don't know the solution but others on here do and there are many posts on it. Beautiful GT-S by the way, looks great.

darthripley

looks like you've got a nice & clean GTS there, welcome.

nothing wrong with a reliable 5S-FE, i've got the same motor in my Camry that's never let me down to this day. :)

a nice wheel upgrade for you might be a set of 7th gen celica rims powdercoated bronze.
it would be a nice contrast with the red body.