another noob

LucSTR

hey guys i have all ways been a celica fan but now im getting my first all-trac. its an 88. and i was wondering if i could see pics of your guys intercooler set ups that would be great im trying to figure out how i want to run my pipes.

88st165

are you talking about piping for a front mount intercooler on a st165?
there are a few members that converted but most of us 165ers are still wta...

LucSTR

yeah im talking about front mounts. i know atw is more efficent but i think a front mount looks mean. and i want to add an intercooler sprayer. thats why i want a front mount.

syko says

LucSTR":70zyfq3m said:
yeah im talking about front mounts. i know atw is more efficent but i think a front mount looks mean. and i want to add an intercooler sprayer. thats why i want a front mount.

would you rather have it cause it looks cool? or would you rather have it for a purpose. there is a difference. IMO, keep your wta.

however, if you do go front mount, i do think you will have to cut some things down there depending how big of an intercooler you want.

TexasAlltrac

Stay with WTA. Get something to use as a larger heat exchange (I use a really big oil cooler as in my the photos on my sig. It tripled my capacity and is dual core), get a higher flow pump for the IC (I used a rousch racing 240 gph off ebay), and maybe a resevoir to allow for more coolant capacity. Rewire your pump for constant run.

Don't fall victim to the big FMIC bragging-rights crap. Many of the big horsepower GT-Fours and MR-2s use aftermarket WTA.

Also, keeping your factory fogs keeps one of the primary things about your car that tells the world it is an Alltrac - a rare car with a real pedigree and not some late-comer cookie cutter Honda, Sub or DSM.