New Calgary GT-Four Owner

What is the best all-round Blow off Valve?

• Blitz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HKS SSQV

• Greddy Type R

• Other

• Total voters

RWDragoon

Hey everyone my name is Ryan and I live in Calgary. I currently bought a 1991 GT-Four RC from Eric in Vancouver Island, and now its at its new home.

Future mods will be

HKS EVC VI
Full brakes all round
Custom Cold air intake / Battery Relocation
Blitz Blow off valve (possibly recirculating)

Hopefully some Original RC OZ rims! here are a few pic's of her on the trip
home
IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

Tazka

Nice set of wheels! Very nice and clean rc, congrats.
About the BOV, HKS SSQV have proved itself to be good. (atleast never heard anything bad about it.)

By myself im probably going for turbosmart supersonic.

Corey

So your the one who bought that RC 8) nice :)

i dont have any personal experience with BOV's, but if i were to go out and buy one tomorrow, id be looking at an HKS

90TURBO4WD

looks verrrrry nice!!!!

we gotta get a meet goin. My trac has been outta commission for a bit now and needs to get finished soon but I would be stoked to see ya and that very perty RC 8)

GT4RC

I've been holding out to find a type 1 SSQV and during my wait, may have found a better option - a synapse engineering synchronic bov. Anyone try one yet? They appear to be a no bs company that is all about quality.

RWDragoon

hmm that is pretty sweet. I think i'm still gonna go with the SSQV if 935 ever invoices me for it :)

We should do a meet after Dec! Thats when this car will be put on the road!

GT4RC

RWDragoon":376k94mw said:
How can you let a little rally car sleep through its favorite time of the year?

Because this little rally car likes to romp around on pavement rust-free and rock chip free all summer! :p

Honestly I'd love a 165 for just that purpose but for the cost I'll just abuse the 184 for another winter.

GT4RC

Synapse BOV showed up a couple days ago, dropped off the flange to be reduced to 1" to fit the t-hose and should be installing it today. I'll take a couple pics/vids and throw em up sometime this week.

RWDragoon

Sweet man take a vid! I ordered the new SSQV from 935motorsports hasn't arrived yet :( Apparently he's waiting on my EVC VI & Software to arrive