what do you think??? greetings from baltimore md. USA.

donte88st165

Hey alltrac.net. this is Donte. I had my st165 for almost 6 months now and been checking the forum out for faq and things for a while. Just got around to posting. Lol. My car has about 132000 miles. I brought the car with some upgrades already ( 3" exhaust dwn pipe back, turbo timer, upgraded brakes). I added a bov, and most resent, fmic that I just finish but haven't been able to drive the car because its not starting. The car cranks but doesn't fire up. I think its fuel but not 100% sure exactly what is the problem? ( injectors, fuel relay, fuel pump, ground, etc.?) Haven't got around to checking those thing. But does it sound like I'm headed in the right place? Thanks in advance. And its great to be apart of the forum! Will post some pic of the car later. Peace!

cmonteiro1

Did you disconnect the AFM when you ran the piping for the intercooler. If that suckers not plugged in you won't get any action. From what you discribed, and assuming that you didn't do anything else while you were installing the intercooler, there shouldn't be any discernable difference. Even if you had a boost leak (unless it was severe like you left one of the hoses off) it should at a minimum start right back up.

Check wiring first.

donte88st165

I was checking a little today. I will double check afm connection again but I think its good. I was thinking it could be a ground too but I will double check again later. I can't this weekend cuz we have a hurricane coming!

cmonteiro1

Well if you're Alltrac is running... then you will be safe fro the hurricane. In fact, I bet if you go out and tool around in the trac and video tape it... people would watch it on youtube....

donte88st165

cmonteiro1":8i5cytku said:
Well if you're Alltrac is running... then you will be safe fro the hurricane. In fact, I bet if you go out and tool around in the trac and video tape it... people would watch it on youtube....

Lol if my car was running I would most definitely go out and play! We do need move videos of alltracs on YouTube! Lol

donte88st165

88gt4DE":ivjbxu37 said:
Baltimore ... lots of us close by to you man ... get her to a meet with us :)

Yeah that sounds cool! Hopefully I can have my car running by imports VS domestics at MIR. Maybe we can meet then...

88gt4DE

Looking to do something ... Our last meet was cancelled ... MIR ?? post some details in the northeast section .. might strike up some interest for other alltrac owners :)

donte88st165

88gt4DE":ehjtll9a said:
Looking to do something ... Our last meet was cancelled ... MIR ?? post some details in the northeast section .. might strike up some interest for other alltrac owners :)

Ok cool. I will do that. How often Yall have meets in DE?

88gt4DE

donte88st165":faonp878 said:
88gt4DE":faonp878 said:

Ok cool. I will do that. How often Yall have meets in DE?

Well , we have never had one in DE since as far as we know theres only two of us .. my brother and I. Typically we go to PA or MD numerous times ... WV and RI once ... most of them seem to end up in PA but we had a big one that started at Loch haven reservoir last year ... the pictures are in the northeast section ...

alltracst185

Check over on your fire wall where the strut brace bolts to, there is something that has to be grounded, i had the same problem after fiddeling with my st165 when i got it. I forget what it's called.

donte88st165

alltracst185":3dbcjjab said:
Check over on your fire wall where the strut brace bolts to, there is something that has to be grounded, i had the same problem after fiddeling with my st165 when i got it. I forget what it's called.

Are you talking about fuel relay??

donte88st165

ok i have an update on the 165. i have no fuel injector fire or spark and im lead to believe that the distributor is bad because it is responsible for both. the only problem is i cant find any shop local that has the distributor i need(toyota part # 19100-88381)! i even went to toyota dealer and they said the distributor has been discontinued! :cry: i saw someone i the marketplace forum selling one but he hasnt got back to me yet! :( i will contact lathia toyota in OR. to see if they have any. there website said they do but i just wanna make sure. if any of you guys have one sitting around i can buy or know where i can get one i would greatly appreciate it! :D

88gt4DE

try to see if someone out there sells a re-build kit for one ... gonna be a tough find. Check aftermarket too ... anyone close to you that can throw in a spare to see if it fixes yer issue first ?

donte88st165

Well I got another distributor form a shop in California. When I put that in I was getting fuel and a faint spark. Then I tried a blaster coil to increase spark. No success. I haven't tried ecu yet which I think I will do next. My plans have been on hold now because I'm trying to buy a house. So the car is just sitting at my friends house in his driveway.

donte88st165

So after 4 year of letting my st165 sit in the garage, I finally took it to the shop.Shes back up and running good! And it was a bad afm and coil! :bangshead: but its great to have her back up in running! Time to get her pretty now! :D

88st165

Good job man. At least it's running now. Don't get discouraged if you find something else that will need to be fixed, it's kinda how it goes with old cars regardless. Keep it up.