Page 1 of 1

1990 alltrac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:44 am
by alexinvancouver
hello every one
i just bought a new celica from online auction
she's still on the way from salvage yard in Kelowna
and when she comes to my place i'll give her a little buffing before i put her back on the road
maybe some one recognizes this one?
[img]http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/8/f/1/187815/90celica-0.jpg?r=t[/img]

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:50 pm
by pintoBC_3sgte
welcome :D havent seen that one around

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 am
by alexinvancouver
it might've looked different back then =o)
pintoBC_5sfte wrote:welcome :D havent seen that one around

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 pm
by sentraman
Good luck with saving the alltrac. Looks like a great project. If you are interested we have Group buy going for Mid-pipes.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42599

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:29 pm
by alexinvancouver
thanks man, but this one has 3' all the way.
i wonder why i didn't see any all trac's during Big White Snow rally and Snow-X in Kelowna?
only Subies and Audi. are You afraid of snow?? =o))
sentraman wrote:Good luck with saving the alltrac. Looks like a great project. If you are interested we have Group buy going for Mid-pipes.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42599

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:33 pm
by sentraman
LOL I am not afraid of snow LOL

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 pm
by pintoBC_3sgte
alexinvancouver wrote:thanks man, but this one has 3' all the way.
i wonder why i didn't see any all trac's during Big White Snow rally and Snow-X in Kelowna?
only Subies and Audi. are You afraid of snow?? =o))
sentraman wrote:Good luck with saving the alltrac. Looks like a great project. If you are interested we have Group buy going for Mid-pipes.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42599


only a few tracs around the okanagan , but thats cool that you went up there. were you driving anything? or spectating?
heard a older subie smoked everyone :P

lol my celica's way tooo low for driving it in the snow, not to mention its fwd

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:50 am
by alexinvancouver
no, i was driving 08 impreza 2,5i for snow-x and took 1st overall beating everyone including about 20 full blown rally cars.
(have to say street cars had 10 tries while rally cars had only 2)
last year i was driving 04 sti and got 3rd in awd. that one had too much power for slippery surface =o(
am i gonna see any of u guys on barne's lake snow-x in january?
pintoBC_5sfte wrote:
alexinvancouver wrote:thanks man, but this one has 3' all the way.
i wonder why i didn't see any all trac's during Big White Snow rally and Snow-X in Kelowna?
only Subies and Audi. are You afraid of snow?? =o))
sentraman wrote:Good luck with saving the alltrac. Looks like a great project. If you are interested we have Group buy going for Mid-pipes.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42599


only a few tracs around the okanagan , but thats cool that you went up there. were you driving anything? or spectating?
heard a older subie smoked everyone :P

lol my celica's way tooo low for driving it in the snow, not to mention its fwd

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:43 am
by aus jd 2703
Just so u know 90% of front end stuff is changeable. So control arms and steering are the same I think swaybars are just different thickness and shocks and springs are same just different rates. Fenders on gt4 are generally widebody and normal celicas are narrow so fenders could be a challenge in a pinch u can run a celica front bar. Bonnet looks ok and I dunno if a celica one will clear the intercooler. Rear is totally different. Fuel tank arms shocks brakes everything is different. Good luck but good to see another one being saved

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:34 pm
by alexinvancouver
thanks for the reply
i always liked Celica's
ever since Carlos won WRC =o)
i think i found used fender and control arm but can't find spindle =o(
do u know if spindles are the same from gt4 and fwd gt-s?
because there're quite a few gt-s suspensions available
aus jd 2703 wrote:Just so u know 90% of front end stuff is changeable. So control arms and steering are the same I think swaybars are just different thickness and shocks and springs are same just different rates. Fenders on gt4 are generally widebody and normal celicas are narrow so fenders could be a challenge in a pinch u can run a celica front bar. Bonnet looks ok and I dunno if a celica one will clear the intercooler. Rear is totally different. Fuel tank arms shocks brakes everything is different. Good luck but good to see another one being saved

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:51 pm
by alexinvancouver
Finally 4 years later she's on the road and ready to run TSD rally in Merritt on July 18-19.
lotsa work done:
deleted a/c system,
deleted ABS
Changed main and rod bearings, (just to make sure she'll run for at least another 25 years lol)
compression was good and even across all 4 (i think it was 180)
new timing belt, new tensioner
rusty Q-panel and rocker panel parts replaced.
I found out drain tuber from sunroof were right in rocker panels (what a stupid design!)
so I extended them and redirected to the outside (see pic)
new foglights and LED lights
installed smaller and lighter battery
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: 1990 all trac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:28 pm
by Corey
Wow, fantastic work bring it back to life!