New Member Corolla Alltrac!

'RollaWood

Hey guys! Wanted to intro myself and say hi

I am an Engineer at Boeing here in Everett, Wa. I purchased a 1989 Corolla Alltrac 5-spd with 384k Miles from craigslist last June to use as a daily while i built my 1995 Supra TT. I knew nothing of the corolla at the time besides that i had NEVER seen one before. Having worked at Toyota before being hired at Boeing i called my old parts manager to verify the rarity. All he did was yell at me to buy it as fast as i could, as he explained all about the 4A-FE having shared roots with the Ae86's that he adored. The Corolla was rare enough for me to drive to Portland, Oregon to pick it up that night.
It was beat to hell, but spunky. The previous owner sprayed the A, B and C pillars a Bright yellow (same color as the smileys :nono: :nono: ) and the center console and radio bezel white... (Really?!)

All in all it was worth it, for this sweet rarity.

Eventually, the corolla threw a rod after me beating the piss out of her for 4k miles. I knew it was coming soon so i prepared and ordered some blacktops to make sure i had a good running one.
(a little side note, The supra had a bent frame and was not working with me so i sold it.)
I wanted a Daily driver that turned heads to those who know what they are looking at. As well as a good performer whe i want to have fun. I'm sick of these new cars and their plastic crap, I'm here to show an old car done right outshines the new.

So now im bawls deep in a full restore of this beauty from tip to tip.
As of now i have:
15x6.5 Sparco NS-2 Wheels powder coated bronze
2002 Celica leather seats
JDM Front and rear bumpers
JDM 3-pc Wagon-Face
JDM Full wrap white/red tail lights
JDM 20v 4A-GE Blacktop
Custom Wood-panel'd doors
*in progress* Wood center console *full-length*
*in progress* 4 bucket seat conversion
*in progress* 20v Swap *wiring*

And to that note I say hello and thanks for Allowing me to be apart of this community!!!

Also a question regarding ST185 Trans and rear diff...

Does the trans share a bolt pattern with the 4A's? Is there an adapter plate? or has anyone done this that may share some insight into the length of the swap.
I believe my 20v will be pressing the trans on my 'rolla too hard as its already in need of a rebuild. I did note that the ST185 trans and mine do share similarities, only NOTEABLE difference i can see off the bat is the starter location.
Did the ST185 rear diff have LSD?

'RollaWood

*current-ish dis-assembly pics* ****Sorry for the blur, iphone pics****
aba7647c.jpg

5ceb97e9.jpg

previous owner tried home-made sound dampening

4d1636df.jpg

Goodies!/Old pics
9bd98e63.jpg

Euro Spec Long gauge cluster (km/H)

f340c5b7.jpg

JDM bumper with Wagon face

55f27fa1.jpg

Blacktop fun! LOL

346.jpg

Sparco NS-2's

009-2.jpg

Celica seats bolted directly to 3/4 mounts on both sides

9d227e4c.jpg

Celica seat next to Supra seat, i used them for mock up of rear buckets

001-1.jpg

JDM tails

008-1.jpg

Comparison photo

IMG_0257.jpg

JDM front

005-1.jpg

JDM rear

011-1.jpg

Interior when i bought it

009-1.jpg

1st photo after i got home that morning

Awesome-Trac

YOU LUCKY SON OF A B***H!!!! I've been looking forever for one of those after my DX got wrecked by my brother, I think your car is more rare then the celica! If you ever want to trade for ST165 I'll do it

'RollaWood

Thanks guys! I'll be on occasionally and will have pics updated later. I will post another regarding the trans topic later once i have all my info sorted out.

l0ch0w

ive only ever seen those butt-ass ugly wagon corolla all-tracs before. This is very cool! Why three Blacktops?

built2run

I assume he is going to swap in a 20v in place of the 4afe I was also going to ask if he wanted me to swap in a st185 engine/trans in that thing here in Cali I'm sure it's lighter than a Celica. I just opened a shop and this would be an awesome Job.

Bempa

metanoia":1wjcz1yu said:
i have one of these, 1989 alltrac corolla sedan it is totally stock with 151k miles. id like it to go to someone who wants the car, i can be reached at 813 843 9561 or metanoiacarsinc@yahoo.com hit me up i have pics. im in tampa fl

If it only were on the other side of the pond :cry: