Howdy from out West

Toyotawes

Hello everyone, Names Anthony but I go by Wes. Dont own an alltrac yet but Ive always wanted one (ST185 ohhh yeahh). Finally got a good job so I figured Id come here and keep my ears to the ground for a good deal on a car Ive always wanted. Im in the great toyota-land known as the greater PDX area. Lots of good yotas up here, and I happen to own a few of them :D . Im new to alltracs but definitely not new to Celicas.

My current stable consists of:

1985 Celica GT-S
1984 Celica GT-S
1977 Celica GT LB
1985 Cressida (factory 5-speed)
1979 CelicaSupra (no title, parts only)
1995 Previa (wifes daily rig)

What else... so I had been working as a mechanic and recently got into an electrician apprenticeship. I like working on cars but wasnt making enough to support a family large enough to require a mini-van, and also I wanted to keep enjoying working on my own stuff, so I switched careers. Im pretty active over at Celica-gts.com/forums. Over there Im 85GTS. Anyways, glad to be here and hope I find the deal Im looking for at the same time I have the cash for it, and look forward to adding my experience to the community. :)

ST165Sleeper

Welcome fellow Oregonian! Hope to see an alltrac in your future. I will say i love the classic celica lb! I think that may be the next addition to my stable. Which consists of only my ST165 right now lol!

killemalltrac

Hooray for Oregon!! I'm down in Eugene and frequent Albany and Portland often. When my swap is done I will be trying to put together a meet or two :)

Toyotawes

Been awhile since I joined. Havent found an alltrac yet, but I did pick up a 78 ST, and Im going to go look at an 88GT-S tomorrow (will be my first fwd celi, IF I get it... )

Still looking for an st185 in the greater PacNW...

Toyotawes

celica_gtx":1q891rw1 said:
pics or BAN!!!

Only pic ive got atm... will get more later. Car supposedly has a rod knock, and I suspect a bhg as well. Price was right though especially for such a nice body, and the interior is probably a 7.5/10.

CIMG0188_zps58a07af5.jpg

In the background you can see my 85 factory 5speed cressida, 77GT Lb, 78St coupe, 79mk1 supra (way back there) and then the wifes old splaturn, which currently serves backup car/loaner duty. The 88 certainly wont be lonely!

Eurus":1q891rw1 said:
Pretty sure a nice 165 just came up for sale in Oregon a week or two ago, has nobody looked at it yet?

Also, Welcome, from north

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48450

Thanks for the welcome! Im going to hold out for an ST185 (preferably in a lower price range, but we'll see when we get there)... long term goal is to have one of each generation of Celica with at least one all-trac and I already found a good 4th gen... besides the 185s are soooooooooo sexy :D

Also Ive got some herd thinning to do before I even think about possibly thinking about looking to see if theres any cars for sale that I might even sort of want to look at lol.

Cressida is going to go away (but Ill replace it with a 4wd, preferably a 2nd gen 4runner), the mk1 is donating most of its parts to the 78st, the 84gt-s is going to go away to fund other projects and the splaturn is going to go away also. Fun times!

Toyotawes

Got it to start today... had to pull start it, but it ran lol. I think that it actually doesnt have a rod knock, so thats a good thing... the downside is that the head gasket is definitely blown... blown to hell... probably the worst ive ever seen. After running a bit, the dipstick came out all milkshakey... also there was milkshake running down the front of the block, and when I went to add more water, after a point it sounded like water running into the crankcase... kinda the same sound as pouring a pitcher slowly into a toilet...

I looked to see if theres a hole in the block or something but the exhaust manifold and thermo housing and a/c compressor are all kind of in the way right there... only thing to do now is tear it down and see how bad things are.

PICS!!

http://s25.photobucket.com/user/85ra65/ ... t=3&page=1

Toyotawes

Been awhile since I checked back in here...

No alltrac yet :cry:

I did wind up with 2 more 4th gen celicas though :shrug: http://www.celica-gts.com/forums/index. ... #msg414784

Im keepin the 87 since its the nicest out of the 3, 88 will get fixed and sold, and the 86 is in the process of getting parted out. I was going to replace what I thought was just a BHG in the engine out of the 86 and pop it in the 88 but I found this once I got it torn down

20150328_2208431_zpsktn2urkc.jpg

Ouch... so looks like I need to tear down the motor out of the 88 and see what it needs, might have to go block hunting in the wrecking yard... at least 3sfe camrys are common around here...

Toyotawes

Well its been awhile since I posted. I have an alltrac now though!!! Woo!

Picked up an 88 st165 about a month ago. Red car with black interior, car runs and drives but def. needs work. Keeping it off the road til its major issues are taken care of. Namely the massive oil leak and the fact that it needs brakes and tires. I bought it from a guy from Colorado, who bought it from Alabama. When i went to DMV they said the car had been titled in oregon at some point in the past, so I guess shes been around! Ill get some pics up later if I can remember my pb password or maybe ill finally make an imgur account..

Other cars have changed too.
The current stable:

1985 Celica GT-S
1978 Celica ST
1988 ST165
1991 Lexus ES-250
2000 Lexus GS 400
2004 Sequoia Limited