What's up from CA

Gnarjay

San Diego, CA

What's up, AllTrac.net. I've been lurking the forums a little since I wanted to know a little more about these awesome Celicas.

A little backstory:
I've always loved Celicas. The first car I ever rode in was a Celica All Trac(ST185). My dad bought his car a year after I was born, it was a white '92 AllTrac. The earliest memory I have of riding in this car was my first day of 1st grade. I will never forget that ride. It wasn't that long, but that was the moment I fell in love with it. I remember him flooring it right when we pulled from our driveway and I could feel the speed. It was such a rush! I guess that's what made me a bit of a roller coaster junkie today haha.
Anyways, fast forward a few years and we made the move to Hawaii. Sadly, Snowflake(our family's name to our beloved Celica), couldn't come with us. So we sold her to my uncle to help with expenses moving out there. While we were out there, he made the decision to trade her in for a Miata. He claimed that kids were trying to race him and didn't want to deal with that. He wasn't that into Celicas either. He didn't even bother telling us until AFTER he made the trade. I was devastated when my dad told me that she was gone.
Fast forward a few more years and I picked up my first Celica! Wasn't an AllTrac though, but she was still a Celica. We moved from Hawaii to SF after my freshman year of high school. On my 16th birthday, I came home from school and there was a red 6th Gen Celica(1997) sitting in our driveway. I didn't think anything of it since my parent's best friend out there was a huge Toyota fanatic and switched cars often. When I walked in, my mom asked "Did you see our new car out there?" I was shocked and started getting excited. "Is it mine!?" I asked with a huge grin. My dad yells from the hallway and says "Nope! That's my new baby!... unless you pass your driving test." I was stoked! Took my driver's test and passed with flying colors in my mom's Corolla(My mom and dad were huge Toyota fans) a couple weeks later. I learned how to drive stick shift in that car. My dad taught me the ins and outs of maintaining a car with her. She took me to a lot of good places and had great times with her.
Now, my baby Ruby has passed away. She was totaled due to a drunk driver hitting her at 50+ mph while she was parked, pinning her underneath an SUV that was parked in front of me. Both the front end and back were completely smashed. The SUV only lost a bumper -___- and the guy who hit me damaged his front right end a bit. He tried to get away but the cops found him 13 blocks away by following a trail of fluids he left on the streets. What an ass.

So here I am now, lurking these forums and learning more about AllTracs while I continue my search to find one. I'm debating over a ST165 because I like that body style more or a ST185.

P.S. Sorry for the long story. Just wanted to let someone know how I fell in with Celicas. If you read it, thank you!

I hope to meet some of you guys in the future!