First time back in a long while

ride_drive

Hi my name is Reuben. Some of you from the northwest may remember me (rhd st185 narrow body) and my old user name was Mr Fitzpantson. A lot has changed and I have not posted in years (also seems that long since I've driven my celicas). I have since moved to California ( :cry: the land of regulations) and have basically moth balled car related activities for a while.

I am signing up as a member again to perhaps sell some of my parts collection (maybe even a celica !? if I get desperate) and I am sure I will need some advice again.

ride_drive

I ask myself that every day (not entirely joking). My wife is getting her PhD at UC Davis (where I also work right now). We did not think we were going to stay quite this long (its been 6years since we moved down). Now we need to finish up her education, finalize our son's adoption and get new jobs before we can move again.

If I could muster up some savings I would just get a tow vehicle and start taking my cars to track days (avoiding the whole hassle of road registration in CA).

ride_drive

It is not a bad idea and I have calculated it out a few times. Truck, trailer, gas and mileage fee come to about $300-$400 for events somewhat near me. Starts to be a pretty expensive weekend (add track fees), but hey what is not expensive about these cars compared to other hobbies.