2vzfe v6 st162 swap info

___Scott___

Cool swap and nicely done.

In your wildest dreams, can you imagine a 2GRFE squeezing into that engine bay?

It's a bad ass swap for a period correct. Meaning if toyota ever made a v6 celica in 88 that would have been the engine used..lol I needed a motor.. i found an 88 camry v6 auto for $300 with a rebuilt 2vz-fe. looked at it and said yea it will fit and did it in 10 days no b.s both cars and wiring. Lol my dad said it wouldn't fit so I proved him wrong :nono:

Well I'm a mechanic and my dad and me have a shop. I had well into 60 to 80 hours into figuring everything out to do it. Probably faster now since I know..lol

Here is the break down.. I had to tear both cars apart and keep parts seperate. Then I bought new gts axles an alltrac clutch pressure plate n throughout bearing with a 93 camry v6 flywheel and a toyota gts clutch disc. I had to cut my gts front eng motor mount and slide it a half in towards radiator. The main tranny front and rear mounts new gts with gts cross member. Rear eng/tranny mount not touched gts. The tranny has a pre cut starter hole on inside that has to be cut out bolt holes are there for starter but you have to tread em. Ugh then I cut the camry v6 axle mid bearing off the plate needed to mount on motor then the same with my gts and welded the gts bearing hub with axle in and b/clip and level used top and bottom perfectly done. Then wiring I took the dash harness out of the camry and cut it open to find all dash and ignition wires to hook up and the eco power mode button in center counsel. The eng harnes n fuse box for the v6 plug right in everything works but headlight motor so I used my gts fee box for the lights up motor only. Camry hoses and radiator fit perfectly in it. Done

Bone stock it did 15.0 in quarter mile at 89mph. I was able to launch the car at 4500 rim off the line without any traction loss just hurt sound n gone it was a very reliable swap with no issues. Didn't even hurt the gts stock tranny but if I went drag racing I would twist the axle spline and have to get a new set on warranty. Clutch is still in car been 6 years..

Thanks man. It was a lot of work but it was totally worth it. when everybody with a Honda seen the v6 emblem in the grill they would say b.s that's not a v6. I would pop the hood and blow there minds..priceless swap