V6 turbo GT4, Hi

fibrewizard

well I don't know if the title grabbed your attention, none-the-less

HI, my name is Grant,

I like long walks on the beach, holding hands in the moonlight.........pfffffftttttttt

give me petrol, grease, welder and some inspiration and I will get stuck into anything I can,

Now that the pleasantries are done......

Hi guys and girls,

some of you may have heard of my past build, were I took a 3vzfe out of a camry and dropped it into my st184 fwd celica, and if anyone is interested in that build I am more then happy to chat about what it entailed, for those that hadn't heard, then if you have read this far know you have heard....lol.....

now seriously,

the v6 conversion was a surprisingly simple conversion and came in cheaper then a 3sgte conversion, especially when a lot of it was done by my mates and myself, and with it now being 4 yrs on, and a lot of lessons learnt from that build, I am ready to step it up to the next logical level.........

so introducing my new build,
A aus delivered Widebody GT4 St185, complete with a planned V6 turbo conversion,

and I will be putting up a build thread shortly, as my gt4 shell should be here later this week,

I will go into more detail in my thread but for now I have already modified the block and gt4 transmission and bolted them together as a test fit and so far so good, my next research area will be wether or not I can mate the gt4's transmission transfer case to a e53 camry 5sp transmission hopefully if it works as well as I can imagine, so it will either work or not, hopefully the former....

the build will be purposed towards a rack ready car, for time attacks and trackdays, with some suspension tweeks to allow the odd offroad adventures and events....

so I guess that's my introduction out of the way,

those that are interested please feel free to follow the build, as no doubt I will be asking celica (alltrac-gt4) tech questions and will need the advice, and I hope to help or open the eyes of others in repect to another option of modification for a gt4..... I know haters are gonna hate and I know the purist gt4 fans will get the knickers in a knot, I am not here to insult or think I am better, I am just sharing my knowledge and out of the box thinking that may OR may not be of interest.......

thanks for reading.....

Grant

88st165

Looking forward to following this as well. Wouldn't mind just a na v6 for my daily 165. Thanks in advance for sharing.

fibrewizard

thanks guys,

turbo piping.... being super tight on room, rear bank will have to come over the top of transmission, front bank will loop down bend back up and the turbo in theory atm, will be mounted on the battery front corner of the engine bay, battery relocation to hatch,

then down pipe will come off turbo and hopefully follow the standard exhaust route....

I will upload pics of the v6 in my 184, need a lot of wiring and hoses to relocate out of the way, and researching changing to coil on plug, as rear bank up pipe will come very close to distributor so hoping to sort all that out..

this will be a slow build due to time and budget, but will be updating posts with pics and info as much as I can.....