willy

Hi everyone. About 2 years ago i brought a st185 and turned it into a rally car. for the last year i have been competing in rallies and rally sprints in the south island of new zealand

few specs:
st185 widebody
gen3 engine
gen4 intake, turbo and coils
link ecu
anti lag
approx 300hp with restricter, plenty of torque, 22psi
d2 gravel dampers
looking to upgrade diffs next

kevzep

willy":2otcuvhm said:
Hi everyone. About 2 years ago i brought a st185 and turned it into a rally car. for the last year i have been competing in rallies and rally sprints in the south island of new zealand

few specs:
st185 widebody
gen3 engine
gen4 intake, turbo and coils
link ecu
anti lag
approx 300hp with restricter, plenty of torque, 22psi
d2 gravel dampers
looking to upgrade diffs next

Cool, did you do Otago? I saw a ST185 in the results, was that you?.

Looking good, my car is a narrrow body unfortunately, I have plans to do a re-shell with a wide body when I find the right one.

So what is your current diff arrangement?
What are you using for a gearbox?
How does your engine cool? What radiator are you using?
What suspension arrangement are you using?
Have you got the standard cams in your engine or something else?
Pedalbox, brakes?

I have had my car for about 12 years, started pretty low budget, but in the last year decided to step up to the next level of performance.
I have tried a lot of different things with my car over the years, and have learned how to get the best out of it, always keen to talk to other GT4 rally car owners, I am always the only ST185 at events up here....
I know a lot about what can make these cars quick and handle, from the beginning I had Chris at Suspensiontech make some Bilstein Struts and solid top mounts. They have worked really well for me over the years, had him recon them a couple of years back.....

I'll send you a PM with my number on so we can chat if you like. I've just done a lot of diff research.

willy

Hi all,
Thought i better get around to posting up some photos of the old girl
It was red but now black

It has been further developed since i first posted

Now has a custom front viscous LSD of my own design, a cusco rear LSD and a locked centre diff. it also now has a forged engine with a subtle cam upgrade by Kenelly cams here in NZ and now runs on E50 fuel.

I have taken close to year off competing to do an OE etc, but getting back into it soon with more exciting developments to come.

Cheers

Attachments

• celica1.jpg
    celica1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • celica 2.jpg
    celica 2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,001
  • celica 3.jpg
    celica 3.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,001