New to this forum, from the PNW

corax

It looks like I have to do an introduction. I'm buying an ST165 off of a friend in Texas and am getting it shipped up to Oregon next week. So I've been lurking here and using the search button. Kinda excited to get into an AWD turbo car. I'm not sure yet if it'll be another dirt machine for me or more tarmac oriented.

I wanted to post pics, but I guess BB code is disabled . . . so no photos of my other rally toys throwing rocks to make this post a bit more interesting

corax

Oh hey, I guess BB code is only off for the very first post

Here's one of the pics I have of the ST165
IMG959755_zpsxlaul1cz.jpg

Here's my '85 RA64 RallyX build with a whole bunch of custom suspension and drivetrain work done to it - I took 1st in class for the last 2 years in Prepared Rear Wheel Drive, this year I did a mid-season class change into Modified Rear. I also recently took 3rd at the SCCA Northern Pacific National Challenge in this car
10348443_10202953514651983_8849244474299082409_n_zps01419452.jpg

and my stage rally racer chaser Sweep rig with a 7MGE swap and a bunch of custom work - great for chasing stage rally cars down stage, yanking them out of ditches, or flat towing them back to Service
10308241_4195632785219_574496402603594236_n.jpg

88st165

Welcome! Awesome vehicles! I'm on dirtyimpreza as well but only lurk to get inspiration. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the 165.

corax

88st165":3tz0lgvn said:
Welcome! Awesome vehicles! I'm on dirtyimpreza as well but only lurk to get inspiration. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the 165.

Thanks.
The pic of my 4runner was from a friend of mine who got his media pass for Oregon Trail Rally though DI :)

I have a few ideas brewing already for the ST165, but first there are some reliability things that need to be taken care of like the noisy IC pump and intermittent starter issue. The only rust is a cople small spots on the sunroof, so that'll likely get cut out and replaced with a solid panel (already had practice with my RA64). The dash is pretty haggard also from sitting in the SoCal, and then TX, sun for several years - I'm thinking I'll probably pull the skin off the dash and wrap it with fiberglass which will allow me to mold in some gauge pods and maybe a switch panel. All in all though, it's not bad and only has 79k miles on it - just needs some luvin'
IMG952226_zps7jncvpcw.jpg

Sifu

Welcome! I got to admit your rally Celica is pretty sweet. And then you also have a great sweeper vehicle. Whatever you decide with the st165 will be in good hands.

corax

Starting to get excited - car's paid for and gets picked up middle of next week, it should take 7 days to get to me from DFW, TX - so 2 weeks till I see what I'm in for :smokes:

underscore

I'm from BC, about 7-8 hours from Portland so it's a big of a trek for me but I'd love to head down and try some RallyX at least once next year.

corax

underscore":1ytfhx39 said:
I'm from BC, about 7-8 hours from Portland so it's a big of a trek for me but I'd love to head down and try some RallyX at least once next year.

Ah, so you might have http://www.pacificforestrally.com/ and http://www.rockymountainrally.com/ somewhat local to you (depending where you are in BC) - no driving, unless you have caged and log booked car, but still an opportunity to spectate (or volunteer, which gives you the best seat in the house). A couple of the guys on our sweep team head up there for the Canadian stage rallies . . . I haven't yet, but maybe next year.

underscore

I'm about an hour and a half from PFR, we spectated last year and it's a blast to watch. Depending on scheduling we'll be trying to volunteer this year.