New to 88 all Trac st 165

Dj1412

Recently picked up 88 st165
Few issues
Can't find correct front brake pads for calipers all part stores have the wrong ones

Turbo hits 1 good boost than goes into a safe mode or no boost mode but if you cycle ignition it restores back to normal

Can u fit fwd st165 st 185 or 205 full strut asemblys struts calipers and rotors everything on 88 st165 all trac
Will cv axles fit and or are the there other cars that run same or better full struts asemblys

zaluss

Dj1412":1w0l2ilk said:
Can't find correct front brake pads for calipers all part stores have the wrong ones

I went to the dealer on these. Part number 04465YZZA2. Only $35 from Lithia.

Turbo hits 1 good boost than goes into a safe mode or no boost mode but if you cycle ignition it restores back to normal

Any codes?

Can u fit fwd st165 st 185 or 205 full strut asemblys struts calipers and rotors everything on 88 st165 all trac

ST165 front struts are unique. You can replace the front inserts with aftermarket. Rears are sealed. I think you can fit ST185 front calipers/rotors but not ST205 ones due to balljoint clearance and some other issues.

___Scott___

For brake pads, I run Porterfield R4-S pads. They are remarkably good pads on the street, even in very cold temperatures. I find they transform the mediocre ST165 brakes into something I can live with. I've been buying them from http://www.lpiracing.com/ but I see that twosrus sells them just a bit cheaper:

http://twosrus.com/catalog/index.php?cP ... =2a&page=2

For the front, you want the AP437 pads.
For the rear, you want the AP325 pads.

For the boost issue, either dial your boost down a little or do a search for "boost cut defender."

If you are still running stock head bolts and the stock head gasket, I advise to live with less boost. I have my boost set to just below the fuel-cut level and I still have encountered a leaking head gasket. I'm not loosing coolant, but the cooling system is being pressurized by combustion gases leaking into it. I'm facing a gasket&studs project in the not to distant future.