Hello from Idaho !!!!!! !!

RedCelicaTRD

There are a few, but none of them ever post anything. I think Darren in Boise (who is also from Pocatello) still has one of his st185s. There were a few others from Boise. There was a red st165 in Pocatello that broke down and then disappeared. There was a blue st165 in Blackfoot. There was a real black RC in Coeur d'Alene. There was a red st165 by Skyline High School that had a bad motor. They guy wouldn't sell it for a decent price and then one day it was gone.

David.bautista

I visit Utah a lot ! I would love to see your celica !
I am in the process on doing a swap to my car .
90 jdm engine with ecu to my 88 all trac
I just don't a lot about swaps
I bought a 90 usdm harness but the last connector doesn't fit
They say that it's under the dash the last connector but my 88 is not a 90 so idk if it's going to work

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 815

RedCelicaTRD

Your st165 disappeared a year or two ago. Have you had it that long or was there another owner in between? I didn't make an offer on the car, my friend talked to the guy and gave him my number. The owner left me a voicemail stating he wanted $3k for the car, and he would include a second engine for $2k if I remember right. I though that price was crazy so I never called him back.

As for the connector, there are a few posts that explain what to do if you look around.

David.bautista

I bought the car from that guy but not for that price ! That was to much !
And I have had the car for 3 years maybe ?
Would you tell me where I can look at that info ? Really wanna get this done haha thanks !

RedCelicaTRD

Do you still have the st165 wiring harness and ecu? Easiest thing to do is only use the st185 engine and leave all the st165 electronics in place for the time being.

David.bautista

Some of the sensors are really toasted but how would that work ?
Would I just have to re pin stuff ? Or just plug them to the ecu ? And I'm set ?