88 alltrac st205 planned swap

Nate165

Hi everyone I have been on here for a while I've owned one previous alltrac before. The black alltrac from southern idaho like last year. anyways I traded my v6 mr2 for a 88 alltrac shell.
Im familiar with the 88's but not so familiar with the swap.
Until September when I get a survivors benefit check the car will just be sitting at the car dealership I work at.
I am looking forward to this swap and will need much help and I know a lot of great people are on here so thank you everyone now and in advance!

Pictures of my 76 my first 88 and the current 88!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Bg ... s=587fea40

krazy2

Wont let u see the pics.... need permission.

If you dont want to built your wiring harness, Doug with Wiregap is awesome and reasonable. Built 3 different harness for me.

Anoo21

You going for the 205 instead of the 215? I have seen a good amount of people going for the 4th gen because of the coil of plug and what not. What made you go with the 205? I am in the same boat figuring out which way to go on my alltrac.

zaluss

Anoo21":31amctff said:
You going for the 205 instead of the 215? I have seen a good amount of people going for the 4th gen because of the coil of plug and what not. What made you go with the 205? I am in the same boat figuring out which way to go on my alltrac.

ST205 is generally cheaper and you get the transmission. If you go with the 215, you still have to source a 205 trans, or use the 165 one. In retrospect, I would of paid a bit more for the 4th gen swap for COP and OBD2 but I prefer the W2A system of the 205.

krazy2

Parts are more common to find here in us for 205. coil ignitor etc. Friend running 215 and likes it.
Like the car, has a lot of potential.

Nate165

Anoo21":103wip1x said:

I have roughly 6,000 to spend give or take a 100 so based on what research I've done I'd like to think the 205 swap is relatively straight forward, my Alltrac is just a shell no wiring. Has the sub frames but no front axles. Hopefully it'll be a piece of cake. But don't hold me to that. Also in other thoughts I could probably do a 215 swap. I DONT KNOW/:

Nate165

My first Alltrac and my 76 celica. Saw the value in the cars at 17/18 years old and at 19 I'm having another one. An opportunity most don't get so I'm feeling blessed

Attachments

• IMG_6886.JPG
    IMG_6886.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 2,238

krazy2

Nate165":1s0ekisa said:
My first Alltrac and my 76 celica. Saw the value in the cars at 17/18 years old and at 19 I'm having another one. An opportunity most don't get so I'm feeling blessed

Like the 76. Drove one for several years, turbo charged it