New Member - '88 All-Trac Turbo ST165

Hello, fellow All-Trac enthusiasts!

I purchased an all-white, 5-speed, 1988 Celica All-Trac Turbo (ST165) with hydraulic ABS and an original 3S-GTE. The former owner installed a hack-job cold air intake system and intercooler, during which the breather ended up where the battery would originally go, and it now sits behind the driver's seat (I know, I know... :lol: ). The rear seats have been removed, and I have replaced both the front and rear motor mounts with Poly inserts (I have inserts for the other two mounts, but lack the means to pull the motor to replace the cracked timing cover and switch them out at the same time.)

My main concern is now with the rear brakes...they are rotting through, and I've already taken out a garage door. It has been parked since then, and all that I want to do is to simply rerun all new brake lines to the rear...but there are 7 lines running to the rear due to the hydraulic ABS system, and the fittings at the rear end of these lines are above the rear axle on the passenger side. Due to the contour of the unibody around the plate that all of these fittings run into (and come out of the body near the rear calipers..stupid design, in my opinion), I can't appropriately fit a wrench in to get said fittings loose! I have nearly rounded off one of the fittings while attempting to use a line wrench, and am considering investing in and trying some crow's feet...but will even the crow's feet fit properly?

I lack the funds to buy a non-abs or even aftermarket proportioning valve, and have little-to-no experience with hydraulic abs systems. I'm at my wit's end, and any ideas are welcome.

I hope that you all are cruising happily!

theampbeforethewire
'88 Celica All-Trac Turbo (ST165)

Redrkt01

Welcome to the forums. Make sure you join us on facebook as well. That's where most of the interaction takes place now. This site is still used a lot, but the banter is easier on facebook. It is what it is.... :shrug:

GT4times2

Redrkt01":uq1k1ztx said:
Welcome to the forums. Make sure you join us on facebook as well. That's where most of the interaction takes place now. This site is still used a lot, but the banter is easier on facebook. It is what it is.... :shrug:

That sucks. Damn FB. I don't bother with FB. Too much petulance on these FB "forums". But you have a point. I just don't partake in any of this. Before you know they shut down a group, open another one. I say, keep AT.net alive.

Redrkt01":3ggc7n5o said:

I can't seem to find the page...mind referencing the url?

alltracman78

If you're just getting rid of the lines you can cut them where the nut is and use a socket.

You also should be able to use an ST185 proportioning valve; you want to make sure it's a non ABS valve and not from a FWD.
IIRC if the car had ABS you want the valve on top of the ABS "brick" in the engine bay, if not you obviously want the valve on the firewall.

Redrkt01

I say keep at.net alive as well. But let's be honest.....who likes having to delete PMs so you have enough room to send/receive? And sending a message on FB is as easy as typing and hitting enter. Not so here. Don't get me wrong....that shit show has its pitfalls over there....without any merit at all I got blocked from a bunch of groups run by a single person who has a problem with my standing up to him. That's total bullshit. And groups to come and go which is annoying. But for ease of use FB is hands down the better platform for our type of communication. And that's why forums everywhere are ghost towns. I'm not advocating one over the other; I'm just saying to use both. That's what I do!