speedo and tach not working

Wilm_alltrac

So a few months i noticed my tachometer was not working as well as it should. When first started in cold weather the tach would be very weak and show only about 1000rpm when it should show around 4500rpm. It didnt bother me much because once it warmed up it would be a bit more accurate but now it is acting like that regardless of weather. In addition to the tachometer not working well the speedometer does not work at all, as well as the odometer and the cruise control. I had the cluster out to check all the capacitors and they arent broken or bulged on the top so im not sure if they can still be bad or not but if anyone has any ideas of what it could be i will hear anything.

FC Zach

Speedometer:
1. Check cable
2. Check gear on trans. Either one of these are bad

Cruise:
1. Fix speedometer issue
2. Check speed sensor and actuator (use manual for Instructions and specs)

Wilm_alltrac

i have looked all around the transmission and the firewall and cannot find the speed cable or where it goes into the transmission.

FC Zach

Wilm_alltrac":1mq7lriv said:
i have looked all around the transmission and the firewall and cannot find the speed cable or where it goes into the transmission.

Look under coil/ beside heater valve.

Wilm_alltrac

yeah anytime i work on it the result is bloody knuckles and scratched forearms. but i appreciate the help ill check it out.

mx6er2587

for the tach the capacitors are almost certainly bad in the cluster. Mine were not bulged when I replaced them last year but had failed.