St185 RC Playing Silly beggers

LiamTaaffe

Its a really long story but basically my speedo rev counter and fuel guage arent working properly.. the revs are not what they should be lagging behind what engine is spinning at.. though idle shows correct and speedo the same says 50 but doing prob 70 and just gets worse faster you accelerate or go.. also My boost is limited to 0.5 bar.. should be 0.8 from memory.. its relatively slow to go up in boost as i remember it used to fly off the dash guage when you put the foot down going off the scale...

Now some history.. the boost was fine till i changed the spark plugs then i couldnt get the seal right on water chargecooler and ended up overclamping it and had to put another in.. Ive had the cooler off several times and no way it could be loosing boost.. ive fitted a new throttle body to intercooler connector and new turbo to intercooler hose with wide clamps.. its super tight..

I have changed vsv ... coolant temp sensor.. with no joy as well as checking all vacuum lines..

Checked ecu no codes.. though have seen you can put it in a sensitive diagnostic mode by crossing te2 instead of te1

My own personal View is its a bad earth.. though a bad speed sensor or crankshaft sensor would also make sense
im a big believer in going back on what has been done.. as i have seen cars operated on by muppets come out terminal.. lol..

the Timing belt was done so the crank sensor could be at fault??
the alternator was replaced.. so Maybe a wire to it causing problem??

Timing is correct. i set it in diagnostic mode 10 deg BTDC

Any help Appreciated before I go Mad Guys..
Anyone had this Fault with their car dash playing up and boost restricted.. A Faulty Relay or Something

Oh and yes i replaced the dash from another car i have.. and it had same faults.. the fuel guage could just be a coincidence..

LiamTaaffe

yes engine light working.. Im pretty positive its a bad earth or Crankshaft sensor maybe.. as Rpms seem fine low down as does speedo but as you increase both go off . I.E lag behind what car is actually doing.. power is Good car ticks over well and starts no problem.. but have some soot on bumper. so something is happening with fuelling.. all pointing to an electrical fault IMO.. But to find it. its a nightmare with all the sensors and connectors in these cars..

underscore

If you want to test for bad grounds easily just take some jumper cables and clamp them to the battery and different parts of the engine. You probably won't be able to close the hood but you can rev it up and down in neutral and see what effect it has.