I got a free ST165!!

ST165myGUY

Hey people! I just picked up an 88' ST165 Celica a couple months ago. The past owner had it up for sale as make me an offer. Although I wanted to make an offer I didn't have the cash yet. The car wasn't in running condition and I told him by the end of June I would have the cash. He messaged me back saying that he was in a rush to get rid of it. Turns out he's a mechanical engineer and owns his own car shop called HSE racing and he was moving shops and was going to send it to the junkyard if no one came and got it. He said if I come and pick it up I could have it for free!

I did the typical stuff to it oil change, coolant check, etc. There was no clutch pressure so I swapped the old and demolished slave cylinder with a new oem one. I also replaced the clutch master cylinder while I was at it. After putting in a fresh battery the car started right back up again! It needs a new exhaust because the old piping was rotting. The car sat for a few years but, no signs of dangerous rust anywhere else. The car is pretty much stripped and I plan on doing a full restoration. Wish me luck! This is my first project car. Literally have never worked on another car before.

underscore

That sounds like a heck of a good deal. You'll learn a lot working on a 165, just be sure to take your time and don't get overwhelmed. This forum is a great resource so if you get stuck on something do some searching or ask a few questions and you should be able to get it sorted.

puppet623

Wish I got my parts car for free XD. but my parts car was running beautifully even though it was a front end collsion. Nice find!