New member from Greece/Colorado with an urgent plea

gab

Hello,

my name is George and I subscribed to this forum in order to send a plea.

I have been a proud 2nd hand owner of a ST185, 1992 Toyota Celica All-Trac turbo for some years now. Unfortunately I need to part ways with this car and I am wandering if anyone is willing to take it. I am giving it away, if anyone is interested in the Colorado area.

The car has about 124,500 miles and apart from some minor problems (driver's seat, cup holders, trunk lid struts) it is in a very good condition. Of course there is a catch. The car has been sitting idle in a storage room (like a garage) for some years now and has the expected issues: flat tires and dead battery, to say the least. The car was running flawlessly at the time it was parked in the storage room. So anyone willing to take this car, must spend some money, not that much, I assume, to recondition the car.

The car is heading for the junk yard on Friday, August 18, if no one is willing to take it.

If anyone is interested, please reply to this post with some contact info and we 'll take it from there...

Goodbye

gab

The parting away plan is put on hold for the weekend, because of some new developments. I will know for sure on Monday whether I am taking the car to Greece with me or I am abandoning it. And hoys was there first.

By the way, I am in Fort Collins.

George

Others definitely have dibs, but I -really- don't want to see an ST185 fall to the local UPAP yards. If everything else falls through, please let me know. I live in Co. Springs, have a place to safely store a car until I can get it back on the road, and also have a friend with a truck and trailer capable of transporting a car.

I'll keep my fingers crossed you can take it with you? :D

gab

It seems I hit the brick wall with Greek authorities. So I need to abandon the car and I need to do it today.

I hate sending the car to the Junk Yard, but I doubt anyone can come here in Fort Collins and pick it up on a moment's notice. I cannot think of another solution at this time.

Maybe someone could pick up the car from the Junk Yard as a whole, but I don't know how much this would cost.

Bye bye ST185.

hoys

I tried to make thins work over the weekend. I'll see if I can pull any additional strings to get the car picked up today.

gab

What do you want from me? Address and phone on the private email only.

The car must be taken today.

Anoo21

Yeah who is the lucky winner? I am from Kansas who ever gets it I would love to see pictures and possibly interest in purchasing it?

hoys

PYQbOaI.jpg

Thanks to TGA Performance in CO Springs for picking it up for me. I'll be out there this weekend fixing it up and bringing it to Ohio.

No interest in selling. I've always wanted a ST185. Now I have a 165 and 185 :)

Very, very glad that you snagged it! I was very much worried that it was going to go to the boneyard. I've got my hands full with my '165 right now so this also lets me off the hook, haha. Keep us in the loop with any future plans? :D