denver_whiteST185 is a person of questionable integrity

Aracheon

Okay - let's try this again.

For those that read the previous thread, then you already know what's going on. For those that haven't, here's the condensed version of the story:

Some time back, Ted (denver_whiteST185) made a few requests to borrow some parts from me. One for my stock radiator to have Ron Davis use it as a model for an aftermarket unit, and then for the speed sensor off of my tranny. Since I wasn't using either at the time, I was OK with loaning him the parts.

Fast forward to 4 weeks ago: I sent Ted a text message requesting that he return both pieces as I would be needing them soon. But much to my dismay, I discovered that he no longer had them - he had GIVEN THEM AWAY. Having to alter my schedule to accommodate my fabricator, I gave Ted a 2 week deadline to find identical or better-conditioned replacements for the units that he had borrowed. Last weekend, I sent Ted another text asking if there were any updates - to which the reply was (paraphased): "I'm not giving you anything until you call me. You're being unreasonable." Now, in my opinion, I don't see what an argumentative phone call was going to accomplish. My request was very simple, and there is nothing to "work out."

I've made it pretty clear that if he doesn't want to drive to my house to deliver the parts, I would be perfectly OK if he UPS'ed them. But - again, I'm apparently being unreasonable in my requests and the refusals to comply keep coming.

The purpose of this thread is to simply let our AT community know what's happened, and to be cautious in all their future dealings with the individual in question.

Thanks for reading.

(And for reference, here is a link to a local AWD forum where most of the argumentative events have transpired: http://www.awdpirates.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27540)

maxaud

looks like he's trying to source the parts out to get this resolved.
That's good to see.
Sorry it had to happen like that.
I've personally have had nothing but good experience with him.

Aracheon

maxaud":bghvdi7t said:
looks like he's trying to source the parts out to get this resolved.
That's good to see.
Sorry it had to happen like that.
I've personally have had nothing but good experience with him.

Neither had I - which is why I didn't have a problem with lending him the parts. But now I know better - and I hope he either A.) learns from his mistake, or B.) others can learn from MY mistake.

Denver_whiteST185

your speedo sensor was shipped today. i have a delivery confirmation number available if needed.

as i stated in that other thread, you either told me you didn't want it or need it. i don't care how you put it, but it lead me to believe you did not want it, thus is why i gave it away.

if you had said "yes, i want it, but not right now" or something where you clearly stated that you still wanted it, it would have not been given away.

thus is why you will not be receiving a radiator from me. i was under the impression in the first place that you were not wanting to keep it, thus is why it was given to me. i already stated that i would have been willing to work out a deal if you were willing to call me, but you have refused to call me and you have not answered a single phone call of mine.

im done with this situation. there are dozens of people that i have done business with on here and other forums, maxaud included, that have only good things to say.
-Ted

Aracheon

Denver_whiteST185":14ugoo32 said:
your speedo sensor was shipped today. i have a delivery confirmation number available if needed.

as i stated in that other thread, you either told me you didn't want it or need it. i don't care how you put it, but it lead me to believe you did not want it, thus is why i gave it away.

if you had said "yes, i want it, but not right now" or something where you clearly stated that you still wanted it, it would have not been given away.

thus is why you will not be receiving a radiator from me. i was under the impression in the first place that you were not wanting to keep it, thus is why it was given to me. i already stated that i would have been willing to work out a deal if you were willing to call me, but you have refused to call me and you have not answered a single phone call of mine.

im done with this situation. there are dozens of people that i have done business with on here and other forums, maxaud included, that have only good things to say.
-Ted

I'll say it for the 100th time - there is nothing to "work out" with me. I'll let you save your argument for the judge; I'll be filing in small claims next next.

EDIT: Next week... meaning, this week.