jdmrocha = BAD!

Post your experience with sellers on this forum

jdmrocha = BAD!

Postby ion_four » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:48 pm

Update as of 8/27/08...I am now certain the cars and clips Tony had advertised were never his. It seems he has no shop, either.

Update as of 8/23/08. Still nothing. If anyone knows where Tony's shop is, in Scarborough, please let me know. I'd love to explore other avenues of contact.

Update as of 7/26/08. I have not received anything from Tony (jdmrocha), except excuses. At this point, I'd recommend not dealing with him, regardless of how this finally turns out.
----------

jdmrocha agreed to sell me his rc intercooler/pump/radiator for a good price. He's a newbie and didn't have pictures and things seemed generally sketchy in regard to his ads. However, after talking to him over email and on the phone, he seemed like a good guy.

That being said, he was supposed to ship the stuff last Wednesday, then Friday, then Saturday. I haven't heard from him since Friday and he has not responded to my email, PM or returned my call (though he doesn't seem to have voicemail.)

He told me his dad was in the hospital, and if that's the case, he can totally take his time and I understand. For him, I am low priority compared to his dad, and I accept this. However, he's had time to get on here and check his PM, so I don't know if that really flies. If he'd said he couldn't get it out for a week or so, that's fine, I just want to know I didn't throw my money into a hole in the ground.

Does anyone know jdmrocha (aka. Tony, aka. Mauro Cantos of Toronto)? Has anyone actually bought some of his many smokin' deals? I know allblackalltrac said he talked to him on the phone.

Tony, I don't mean to be a spazz, but if you read this, just let me know what's up.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Last edited by ion_four on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
99 Prelude:Koni, Neuspeed, GReddy, Jackson Racing, Hondata
77 Celica GT: KYB, Superpro, Megasquirt, Supra
SOLD: 88 Celica Alltrac, 93 Civic EX Coupe, 90 Civic EX
ion_four
Club Member

Postby jdmrocha » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:47 pm

item sent.
jdmrocha
Club Member

Postby ion_four » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 pm

Tony has told me the item will be leaving Toronto, tomorrow, and I should expect it soon.

I want to re-iterate that Tony seems like a good guy, but since he is new, I was getting unsure about the whole thing. Sorry if this was unnecessary, Tony.

I'll edit the thread to reflect the final outcome. :)
ion_four
Club Member

Postby ion_four » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:04 pm

UPDATE: ???

jdmrocha wrote:item sent.

Tony received my PM a couple days ago and has not replied.

I called Tony, yesterday evening, and he said he'd call me back in 5 minutes, but he has yet to do so.

Both of his numbers are now "unavailable" when I call.

Most importantly, I called the Toronto Greyhound shipping depot and, while they can't be 100% certain without a waybill/receipt number, they told me that nothing has gone out of there to Portland, OR between the 9th and 12th of June.

I also called DHL, which Greyhound would have used, and they have no packages coming from Toronto to my zip code since the 10th.

Additionally, both services said I should have received the package already.

So, what's up, Tony? Did you send it by pack mule? Wagon train? I am off of the Oregon Trail, but damn!

Considering all this information, what do you think is a reasonable assumption?

It is Wednesday, June 18th 4:00 pm EST. I expect to hear from you by the end of the night, with an explanation. You have my numbers and my phones are on.
ion_four
Club Member

Postby mx6er2587 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:37 pm

did this get resolved?
mx6er2587
Established Member

Postby ion_four » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:39 pm

In a nutshell, no.
ion_four
Club Member

Postby TomsGT4 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:09 am

Yeah I think this guy's been locked out of a for sale thread for this reason.
Not a good idea to buy from him until he clears stuff up, and I'd still be cautious buying from him.

Lets see what the feedback comes back as from those that get their parts...
Tom
1990 ST185
1990 Corolla SR5
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it"

Postby ion_four » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:03 pm

I really still don't know what to make of Tony's inability to ship this, because he constantly has some excuse for not doing it, but I've told him I'm filing a report with the FBI internet crime complaint center. http://www.ic3.com

I hesitated to waste their time with something as low priority as my damned intercooler. However, considering he is trying to sell no less than four cars, and countless items, just on this board, I decided otherwise.

I had to do this once about five years ago. After about six months of silence, on both our ends, the party that owed me money got in touch with me and very urgently wanted to pay me back...hmm...I wonder what could have persuaded him?

If Tony doesn't ship out my item or return my money within the next week, I will consider myself officially hood-winked. In that case, I'd like to post his full name, phone, email, physical address and photograph, assuming no mods object. This will forever immortalize him with the select few that are alltrac.net scammers.

Thoughts, anyone?
ion_four
Club Member

Postby AWDios » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:57 pm

With all the different types of scams and scammers out there, I'm just sick of it all, so I'm all for ruining somone's chances of continuing to do shady business. Post it up.
90 White 185 with a 97 205 motor
Puget Sound Toyota Owners Club
www.pstoc.org

Formerly known as GT-Four195
AWDios
Established Member

Postby Rpz123isme » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Each and every one of us spends to much hard earned money and scarce time makeing our alltrac's/gt-4's into sexy, fast cars. Just to let this a-hole continue to rip people off. Post it.............just my 2c
Hard works pays off in the long run, but procrastination pays off now!
Hesperia, CA
1988 St165 - Project Bacardi with a 4sgte
Rpz123isme
Established Member

Postby ion_four » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:17 am

Thanks guys. I hate to talk smack about people and really hesitate to "out" him as a scammer, but it's coming up on two months with nothing produced. I'm going to run it by some mods and see what they seay. :shoots:
ion_four
Club Member

Postby ion_four » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:57 pm

The cars and clips that Tony (jdmrocha) advertised were not his to sell. They were imported by Tiger Auto Parts, LTD. Tony was, briefly, an employee of this company, around the beginning of 2008. However, at the time he was advertising these cars and clips, he had already been let go from that company. Thus, I must conclude that he did not have the other things he advertised for sale.

These are the clips Tony advertised:

http://celicagtfours.hi5.com/friend/pho ... =255716735

http://celicagtfours.hi5.com/friend/pho ... =255716735

These pictures were copied from the tigerautoparts.com website. Tiger Auto Parts confirmed these are in fact their cars and Tony has no right to advertise them.

As of today, the clips are still legitimately for sale here (first two on the page):

http://www.tigerautoparts.com/jdm-front ... yota-lexus

As an aside, the people at tigerautoparts.com are very courteous, helpful and seem to have pretty good deals on engines/clips/cars, etc. I would highly recommend them because of their apparent commitment to integrity and professionalism.

Tony, I want you to realize that I will eventually get my money back from you. It would be easiest on everyone involved if you just accepted my most recent offer of resolution. Otherwise, interest and other fees, for which you will be liable, will accrue.
ion_four
Club Member

Postby ion_four » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:52 pm

The links I posted to Tony's pictures of the clips/cars are now broken. This is because he seems to have heeded the cease and desist order issued by Tiger Auto Parts. Well done, Tony. Now, you just need to pay me back my money (plus interest.)
ion_four
Club Member

Postby alltracst185 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 pm

wow :shock: i'm glad i only gave him $30....i still want what was paid for though. pm'd him many many many times about it with no answer.
st185- HKS exhaust, Aussie mid pipe and custom 3" down pipe, Tial 50mm BOV, HKS 272 cams, HKS adj cam gears, custom FMIC, HKS GT3040, Tial 38mm wastegate, AEM ems, fully built bottom end, RC 1200cc injectors, at 25 lbs and almost complete :D
alltracst185
Established Member

Postby Sal » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:40 am

HIS FRIEND OWES ME $100
'94 ST205 GT-FOUR WRC
13.3 @ 101MPH
Sal
Club Member

Next

Return to Seller Reviews