Megan Racing Coilovers - Installed and reviewed!

Post your experience with sellers on this forum

Postby smog7 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:57 am

Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
-omar
my car doesn't leak oil, it just marks its territory
rally tarmac 1990 st185
smog7
GTFour God

Postby 935motorsports » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:31 am

noooooooooooooo!
935motorsports
Established Member

Postby WarTowels » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:34 am

What is the rate of drop these can accommodate?

-Towels
2003 S2000
1985 300TD
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Postby timmey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:12 am

Can anyone confirm they will work with a Whileline rear swaybar?

I need my swaybar and twosRus swaybar endlinks to work with the rear coilovers.

Cheers,

Timmey
- 91 JDM Celica GT-Four A (Pre-facelift Widebody)
Project: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2926
timmey
Club Member

Postby gt4tified » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:22 pm

Excellent start for a review. Love the pics. I'm thinking about purchasing a set so this is good info. Maybe I'm a PITA but I was more looking forward to a bit more technical review of their performance rather than a "seat of the pants" perspective...primarily because I'll be autocrossing with the car soon.

Some stats on their compression and rebound, consistency and the variance of these across damping settings would be awesome. If anyone gets a set of these, if they can be shock dyno'd that would be awesome.

Maybe you can write Megan and let them know of the two quirks so manufacturing adjustments can be made for future runs.

Cheers.
ST185 JDM GT-FOUR RC- "White Trash"
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8264/dynographsmallstretchedmu9.jpg[/img][/url]
gt4tified
GTFour God

Postby 935motorsports » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:40 pm

You are welcome to try a set out. If you don't like them, send them back! You will be credited the full amount of the set.
935motorsports
Established Member

Postby timmey » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:50 pm

gt4tified wrote:Excellent start for a review. Love the pics. I'm thinking about purchasing a set so this is good info. Maybe I'm a PITA but I was more looking forward to a bit more technical review of their performance rather than a "seat of the pants" perspective...primarily because I'll be autocrossing with the car soon.

Some stats on their compression and rebound, consistency and the variance of these across damping settings would be awesome. If anyone gets a set of these, if they can be shock dyno'd that would be awesome.

Maybe you can write Megan and let them know of the two quirks so manufacturing adjustments can be made for future runs.

Cheers.

I am with gt4ified here, I think Megan should correct any issues with their prototypes if this is an application-specific set. I hear great things about Megan coilovers and plan to buy a set in the future, but I don't see why produce an application-specific set that requires modification/messing around to fit. I am sure it's easy for them correct.

Cheers,

Timmey
timmey
Club Member

Postby 935motorsports » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:19 pm

I've read the comments in the first post, but "move this back a bit", does not translate well into the design of a product.

Detailed drawings, with measurements, must be provided, to make any changes.

Now, if we provide measurements of the stock parts, compared to the megan parts, any differences can easily be identified and corrected.

I will forward the comments about the size of the brake bracket, and adding the possibility to having the rear one open, like the front.
935motorsports
Established Member

Postby gt4tified » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Good show Rob.
ST185 JDM GT-FOUR RC- "White Trash"
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8264/dynographsmallstretchedmu9.jpg[/img][/url]
gt4tified
GTFour God

Postby timmey » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:44 pm

935motorsports wrote:I've read the comments in the first post, but "move this back a bit", does not translate well into the design of a product.

Detailed drawings, with measurements, must be provided, to make any changes.

Now, if we provide measurements of the stock parts, compared to the megan parts, any differences can easily be identified and corrected.

I will forward the comments about the size of the brake bracket, and adding the possibility to having the rear one open, like the front.

Very much appreciated Robert!

Thanks,

Timmey
timmey
Club Member

Postby gtfourdreams » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 pm

im gonna add this on here because there's not really another place to put this... maybe i'll PM robert too.

on this thread it says 8kg/mm front and 4kg/mm rear, (which equates to about the same as tien ss) but on 935motorsports, it says 18kg/mm and 14kg/mm which scared the crap out of me because that would be like riding on rocks. :)
Red 86 Supra MA60
Grey 88 Alltrac ST165
Black 92 Alltrac ST185
Red 93 MR2 SW20
Minneapolis, MN
gtfourdreams
Club Member

Postby TimmyD » Fri May 22, 2009 11:47 am

Does anyone have some tips on initial setup of these? I'm installing them tomorrow and any time that can be saved with getting the initial height set would be great. I'm also wondering where people are putting their camber plates when they get an alignment. I was thinking of making it so that I have a little bit of adjustment for positive camber and a lot of adjustment for negative camber rather than putting it in the middle.
Its not an oil leak... Its sweat from all the horse power!
1991 Celica GT4 RC #236
TimmyD
Club Member

Postby edmonton_oiler16 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:29 pm

as soon as they make a new batch and fix there problems i will buy a set of these :)
1991 Celica GT-FOUR RC
St. Paul, Alberta, Canada
Project: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30790
edmonton_oiler16
Gold Member

Postby concealer404 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:39 pm

TimmyD wrote:Does anyone have some tips on initial setup of these? I'm installing them tomorrow and any time that can be saved with getting the initial height set would be great. I'm also wondering where people are putting their camber plates when they get an alignment. I was thinking of making it so that I have a little bit of adjustment for positive camber and a lot of adjustment for negative camber rather than putting it in the middle.

Dead center will give you more adjustment in either direction than you will ever need. Unless you're into cording tires in 100 miles or less. ;)

I set mine to -1.5 front, -0.75 rear, with a very slight amount of toe all around to attempt to help out tire longevity.

I probably wouldn't suggest you do that.
Cars and stuff.
concealer404
Club Member

Postby TimmyD » Sat May 23, 2009 10:55 am

I was planning 1.5 front and 0.5 rear with 0 toe all around (Whiteline specs). I got as close to that with factory gear as possible and liked it. I want to be able to crank in as much negative camber as possible for AutoX too. Do you have an idea of what the camber difference is from one extreme to the other?

Any tips for setting initial height?
Its not an oil leak... Its sweat from all the horse power!
1991 Celica GT4 RC #236
TimmyD
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to Seller Reviews