Gumout Regane Fuel System Cleaner review

___Scott___

I normally add a bottle of injector cleaner every time I change my oil. I've used several different products, but usually STP stuff, the black bottles, because it's often sold in a 2-pack (the other bottle goes in my wife's 4Runner.) Since I use injector cleaner fairly often, I don't expect to notice any difference in how the engine runs, I just assumed it's working... until now.

I recently found Gumout Regane on the shelf at Walmart. It was recommended years ago by a reliable source, but I had not been able to find it locally. As usual, I dump it in when I stop for gas, then fill the tank. By the time I got to work, 2 miles later, the engine was running noticeably rougher. When I left work ~9-hours later it was still running rough, but by the time I got home, ~20-miles, it was a little better, but still not quite back to normal. The next morning I wasn't even thinking about it, but the engine ran good. I had to make a stop on the way to work, and the slight detour meant that I had to fly through one section to get back on the correct traffic-light timing. That's when it hit me. The engine is now accelerating much smoother and pulling harder than before. It idles smoother now too.

No more misc. injector cleaner products for me, I'll be buying Regane from here on out. If you happen to be out looking for it, it looks like this:

31MFDEWAH4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

celicaGTS_T

I usually run Lucas injector cleaner.... oil based, so it doesnt dry out ur fuel lines like some cleaners do. Jus a heads up tho...

RedCelicaTRD

I'll have to give that a try in my Jeep. Lots of carbon buildup in my 4.0 so I'm sure the rest of the fuel system could use a good cleaning :doh:

RafaCalde

interesting. i might give it a try. i've never used any kind of cleaner before so it would something new for me to try. i think i'll change out the fuel filter before using the gumout. that way fuel delivery isn't clogged in any way atleast until the injectors.