KO Street Brawler 46 Trim

Griffin

CodingParadox":1pk9lrcz said:
After an afternoon on the dyno, 210WHP @ 9psi. Mmm. Makes happy...

Cool - was that bone stock apart from the kit?

How are you enjoying driving the bar with it?

CodingParadox

Forged 9.0:1 pistons, 3-angle valve job, balanced crank+clutch, 1.6mm HKS HG (to drop the CR a bit).

I love my car. Got the boost controller set up tonight, gonna autocross it tomorrow.

Edit: I'm still breaking in my engine. After breakin, gonna run 19 psi pump 23psi race.

KORacing

That was dynoed in 2wd mode. At some point we'll have to check 2wd mode vs. 4wd mode on a local dynojet to see the difference in the power levels.

ruffneck

I'm curious, with these kits, how do the waterlines join up to the original lines?...the one coming off the bypass pipe is easy enough, but how does it join to the return line (that joins the hoses to radiator) that usually bolts to the ct26?

CodingParadox

Finished breaking in the engine and turned up the boost (slowly, carefully checking AFRs along the way.) Up to 19/20 psi now (18.9psi on the nemesis, ~20psi on the autometer 20psi boost gauge, who knows.)

The 46-trim spools up nice n quick. In a good launch (if I can keep from spinning tires anyway,) I'm FULLY spooled virtually before I even move forward.

After getting the boost turned up, I'm having to re-learn how to launch on this setup. The way I used to launch now just unleashes torrents of wheelspin (AWD, on 200$/each tires.) It's gonna be even harder after we actually tune my ignition map.

On a related note, the Spec Stage 3+ (note the plus sign) is an amazing clutch, and I fully recommend it for any high-power application.