Hello All

KORacing

Just introducing myself on this message board. My name is Kris Osheim and I'm the founder of KO Racing, Inc. -- among other things I do Fabrication, Tuning, and all design work associated with KO Racing products. Let me know if you have any questions and hello! :)

fsmtnbiker

I ordered EGR Blockoff stuff from you a couple weeks ago. Looks great, when its a touch warmer I'll be installing them... And they got here fast too. Definitely buying more stuff from you in the future - Welcome to the board!

Griffin

Welcome to the board!

Out of curiosity do you guys make an adapter plate to put a wideband O2 in a stock O2 sensor hole on a 3S cat?

KORacing

Sorry, No sales. We conduct only the annual holiday sale, and do promotions on the introduction of new parts.

3sgte4me

Im really curious about your kits -

In particular the street brawler...uhmm..lets say for an st185 engine.

What kind of supporting items are recommended. I cant imagine a "plug and play" with the stock injector or fuel system.

What else is needed besides whats in the kit? -

How do you manage fuel etc?

For example on my SRT4 with my ATP kit, I had to get a 255 walbro, stage two PCm, injectors, etc.

Thanks in advance

acylon

This is a PNP. You can stick with stock fuel management up to about 270whp.
Then beyond that I recomend a standalone EMS , supra or walbro fuel pump and 880cc injectors.
We sell an EMS that works with ST185 (Hydra Nemisis) W/ wideband $1795 (PNP). We also sell Fuel rails, and injectors.

The Kit has all you need to make the car run. You may have to slot the holes on your engine fan to move it over a little for the turbo or get a Spal fan for the engine.

Look at this thread:
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

And this:
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10660

acylon

Or here are the highlights from that thread:

KO Racing makes the Street Brawler Turbo. It is a T3/T4 Garrett turbo. It spools soon and is capable of over 462whp. On the 462whp run the turbo was a .50 trim and on a stroker 2.2 with cams, mild port, ChrisK intake, EMS and supporting fuel system, running only 22psi.
Also with our street brawler system you can get a bigger turbo later if you feel like it, it bolts right in to the kit. We have allready made a GT35R kit and are currently testing it. So say you buy a .46 trim SB kit from us and want more power like over 500whp, then you can just buy a GT35R turbo from us and not need to buy the whole kit again. We will also be offering the GT30R kit.
If you are thinking of the GT28, I think you should just get the .46 trim SB. It spools like stock and makes 300whp on a stock VE, 3S-GTE with 92octane and 19psi (Test car has EMS and supporting fuel mods). We have made 270whp on stock MR2's
We sell Stand alone EMS, 880 top feed injectors, fuel rail- lots of things we dont list on our site.
We have a great reputation for quality and honesty.
Check us out at:
www.koracing.net
It looks like a MR2 site but we have started doing All Trac's too.

<AND>

People have made lots of power with the first gen engine. I would just change your exhaust manifold to a gen2 and leave the engine alone. As long as you use the right methods of modification you don't even need to open the engine at all for your power goal.
Please call Kris Oshiem of KO racing and he will save you a lot of money and your car will kick ass! Phone number is= 503-730-9917

He will also tell you that with a good safe tune your engine should be able to do 300whp without pistons or headgasket if they are in normal/good condition. The key is to do things right- EMS, 880cc injectors, properly sized turbo, good tune/tuner, and good fuel pump. The only reason to go with forged pistons, MHG, Head studs, is for a level of safety, like if something goes wrong or you have a bad tune. The real problem is just detonation from unsafe AFR's.

Speed Source looks to be a good option, but I would just go with the tried and true SB kit, you can get it with watercooling if you like. We have many dyno plots showing our capabilities and tons of experience with this engine. David (codingparadox) just dynoed his ST185 with our setup and put down 360whp with stock cams, stock VE on a race gas tune (allows more aggressive timing).
Check out the MR2 dyno registry and see how our turbo kicks ass on 3sgte engines-
http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/mr2records/dyno.htm
John Santesson #13 down from top 462whp
Kris Oshiem #27 (stock VE) 374whp
Ken Blake #28 371whp
Edit: removed Jeff Fazio -KO

Here are dynos of all tracs with SB's-
David st185 360whp
http://www.koracing.net/img/DynoRun90Ce ... aceGas.jpg

My st165 357whp
http://www.ungerpages.com/james/index_f ... ge0001.htm

Here is a dyno comparing a stock MR2 and a SB MR2.
http://www.koracing.net/img/sb46vs95t.jpg

I would go with the top feed 880cc injectors as a 550cc would be maxed out and you wouldn't need worry about the capabilities of the stock fuel rail, as you would use an aftermarket fuel rail. As far as FPR, we tried using the stock one on David's ST185 and it is working great. The biggest reason to use aftermarket FPR is to try and trick the smaller injectors into being bigger injectors, but it's not the best way as it can cause idle issues and has other drawbacks.

goldfish

Hey... I sent a similar email to your sale's email address this morning but I'm just not sure how quickly you check those... If i buy a SB-46 kit tomorrow, how soon can it get to me? I have a trip to Dallas for a friend's wedding at the end of April and I'd like to get a rom tune from ATS with 550 injectors but I'd be driving down instead of flying if i'm going to have them work on my car and I'd need the turbo fairly quickly so I can install it before leaving.

Thanks!

acylon

Hello David,
Thanks for your interest in our products. We wouldn't be able to get you a turbo kit for 4-6weeks, however one of our dealers may be able to get you a turbo within a couple weeks. The address is www.twosrus.com
They have an order for a Street Brawler in with us right now and it should be ready to ship to them in a week. If David Hawkins (twos r us) wants to we could just drop ship the turbo directly to you.

Please feel free to call me at 503-783-1244 or email me at james@koracing.net

-James Unger