Street Brawler TURBO kit, available for All Tracs!

Griffin

1chewabacha1":3r1uzjon said:
Biggest questions:
Would you recommend this kit for someone who has stock internals on their 3S-GTE?
If yes, what kind of engine mgmt is required and cooling would you recommend?

No way - GT35R is a 600HP turbo

KORacing

I would recommend this turbo for someone who is looking to make in excess of 550whp. For stock type engines, the SB46 is much more appropriate, with still having room to support upwards of 400whp. If one were to purchase the GT35R kit, you *could* run it on a stock car, but the boost would obviously have to be kept down to relatively low values to remain within the capacity of the stock fuelling. Adding an engine management system with a higher capacity fuel system would certainly allow for more power to be made, but you are going to probably compromise the engine's reliability if you push past 18-20psi of boost on a regular basis with this turbo and don't upgrade the head gasket, head studs and pistons. Really, if everything is copacetic, then a stock engine should hold together. It's when there are problems or some detonation that the stock stuff won't hang. Also given a stock motor is easily at 140k miles, there's going to be some wear and everything isn't necessarily going to be as nice as a freshly built engine.

KORacing

1chewabacha1":10nh42k7 said:
I just noticed that you guys have just came out with the GT35R kit for the 3s-GTE motor. I am very interested in the kit but I do have a couple questions before committing to the purchase.

1) What are the specific specs of the turbo included in this kit (trim, etc)?
2) Could you possibly include a complete list of what the kit consists of (any BOV, manifold, injectors)?
3) What would you recommend as requirements to run this kit? If there are items not included in the kit, do you carry them and what is the price?
4) What kind of modifications will i have to make to my current FMIC which is bolted to the stock CT26?

What kit would your recommend personally? The SB Gen 3 or this GT35R?
Which kit would be better for 1/4 mile? Highway runs?

Biggest questions:
Would you recommend this kit for someone who has stock internals on their 3S-GTE?
If yes, what kind of engine mgmt is required and cooling would you recommend?

I answered most of this in email because you sent it to me there also (it's not necessary to ask you questions in 2 places for future reference). Here is what I put in the email:

The turbo is a Garret GT3582R. The compressor is a 56trim wheel in a .70 A/R T04S style housing (polished standard) with 4" inlet, and 2.5" outlet. The Turbine is a .82 A/R housing with a GT series 82trim wheel.

The kit includes:
-GT35R turbo with polished compressor housing with a boost reference port tapped into it, and a modified turbine housing for v-band connection. The CHRA is dual ball bearing and water cooled.
-Tial 38mm wastegate
-KO Racing ceramic coated turbo adapter for 2nd gen or 3rd Gen 3SGTE engines (specify which you need)
-KO Racing ceramic coated 3" v-band connection downpipe with re-routed 1.75" dump tube sporting it's own flex section, toyota style o2 sensor bung, and wideband screw in type o2 sensor bung with plug
-KO Racing downpipe support bracket
-KO Racing block adapter for oil feed
-KO Racing oil pan adapter for oil return
-All fittings required on the turbo for connection of the -3 AN feed line, -8 AN water lines, and -12 AN oil return line
-Silicone coupler for exit of compressor transitioning from 2.5" to 2.25" (we can change this if you request it)
-Silicone couple for inlet of compressor transitioning from 4" to 3"
-Hose clamps for exit coupler (constant tension) and non-perforated worm style clamps for inlet coupler
-6 feet of 6mm silicone hose
-AN -3 feed line with straight connection on one end, and 90deg connection on other end
-AN -12 return line with straight connection on one end, and 90deg connection on other end (Gen2 -- straight-straight for gen3)
-AN -8 lines for water cooling with 90deg connections on one end, and hose clamps on the other end to connect to the factory pipes
-All necessary nuts, bolts, washers, zip ties, heat shielding, and gaskets to install this turbo kit.

The kit does not include exhaust manifold, injectors, BOV or tuning devices in any way.

We do sell Injectors, Fuel rails, regulators, pumps, BOV's, EMS's, etc.

See my previous post for what I'd recommend. The Gen3 designates that it's for the 3rd gen 3SGTE, not some evolution of the SB. Either kit is going to be able to tax your stock motor pretty good. Unless you build the motor up a bit, the SB46 can support it, the GT35R can as well, but would have more room for power production later on when you do build up a motor. Long story short: Either of these turbo kits won't be the restriciton on a stock type motor.

Griffin

Cool! so the 38mm WG wound up getting the job done with no creep after all eh?

Good new for those of us with the 46 or 52 kits that might want to upgrade.

KORacing

Dandy. Thanks for asking. Should be popping some parts out this week to send to the coaters probably next week.

theUNYTEDone

KORacing":3arnkuj8 said:
The adapters for the turbo kits are CNC'ed in house as of now on our CNC mill.

i believe prices should be kept down a bit, then... :p

please keep me posted with progress, i like to feel involved... 8)

KORacing

Not sure if you're aware, but the machine itself isn't free. Also, we've never raised prices on our kits despite incurring cost increases to ourselves every year. In fact, we lowered the price on the standard SB from $2300 to $2190 earlier this year.

theUNYTEDone

hmm yes yes, i'm aware...i'd imagine a CNC machine to be quite pricey, actually...i guess in the long run, maybe? :shrug:

hope everythings all good! :D

allblackalltrac

KORacing":rrszopa7 said:
-KO Racing ceramic coated turbo adapter for 2nd gen or 3rd Gen 3SGTE engines (specify which you need)

Care to elaborate as too why there is a need for two different adapters?
I was under the impression that all CT turbo manifolds flanges were the same.

allblackalltrac

I think I found my answer, but no not the flange demension - those are the same. I think the difference is in port location for the wastegate. Gen2 has the port facing towards the front to help clear the oil filter and on the gen3 it is facing to the side where on a gen3 the oil filter is on the sump.

edit: second question, does KO sell the adapters seperatly?

KORacing

The real answer is that the turbo location is different between gen2 and gen3. We could have either used the same adapter, and done 2 different downpipes, or use the same downpipe, and 2 different adapters to have everything exit as it should.

As of now, we are not selling the adapters separately. We do custom work, though, if you have a different turbo you would like a turbo adapter and downpipe to be fabricated for. We require you to send us the turbo and then we make the parts necessary to mount it to the 3SGTE.

allblackalltrac

KORacing":1wtege2p said:
As of now, we are not selling the adapters separately. We do custom work, though, if you have a different turbo you would like a turbo adapter and downpipe to be fabricated for. We require you to send us the turbo and then we make the parts necessary to mount it to the 3SGTE.

What are your prices for this service - externally wasteged included?