ST185 exhaust

KORacing

No progress yet. I've been pretty busy just keeping up with work in the shop for now. We did just acquire an ST185 for in house work, so hopefully that will help us going forward.

theUNYTEDone

+1 to Ted's comment. i'm KO all the way...so if this is even remotely near the price of the SSAC i'll be interested.

what's the word on Trevor's exhaust?
is that how it'll be?

tjdouble07

Nigel, Kris fabricated my exhaust when my car was at his shop, and i gave him the ok to run the exhaust under my rear crossmember. I'm pretty sure his production exhaust was planned to run over the rear crossmember, but we were short on time. I have to say though, that even with a quickly fabricated exhaust, the quality and fitment of the exhaust was wonderful. It followed the oil pan perfectly and aligned between the chassis and front crossmember perfectly. I'm very happy with it. It sounds very good, with a much lower pitch, almost Supra sound to it, not the raspy Honda bumble bee sound that my old muffler/exhaust resembled more of. It is definately louder though, mainly because it is much less restrictive. If noise is an issue, like Kris said, there is a silencer/restricter that you can install. When I install mine in my exhaust, it quiets it down quite a bit.

Just wanted to give you my input on the exhaust Kris made for my car, as I saw it was mentioned with questions about it...

Trevor

KORacing

I honestly haven't had time to look at fixturing up this exhaust yet. I do plan to produce one, though I'm not sure on pricing -- it would largely depend on if I did it all out of SS or if it was mild and SS mig welded. TIG welding the whole thing is quite labor intensive.

KORacing

That is what we will most likely do -- and offer ceramic coating or SS as options. That would keep the cost down a bit as well.

88st165

i wish there was a under the axle catback available b/c it would be much easier to install and less rattling... thats the issue i have now with the ssac twin tip..... i get slight rattle that comes and goes and it seems like its coming from the rear of the car.

PhilipK

I have a custom 3 in exhaust with no rattling. If made correct you can have no rattle. It is just hard to make it fit right on every Alltrac, and IMHO Aussie is not a well made exhaust.

tjdouble07

theUNYTEDone":16jr21y1 said:
so are/were there any speedbump-type clearance issues with under the rear CM?

I do have a little bit of "speedbump-type clearance issues" where the exhaust goes under the rear crossmember. I've had the exhaust on less then a month, and even though I've been about as careful as I can, I have pinched the exhaust down a little bit right where it goes under the rear crossmember. This is just from driveways and hitting a big bump on the freeway on the way back from Oregon. I would suggest running it over the rear crossmember if possible, although I do think with a little bit more work, that running the exhaust under the rear cross member of my car will still be doable without bottoming out on everything.

theUNYTEDone

Co0o0o0oL!
i for one, am looking for an over the CM setup from KO...can't wait for it!

or maybe an under-the-rear with no clearance issues? it'd be a straighter piping route... :evil:

mike325ci

i had the impression that a good percentage of us like the stock-looking twin tip look at the end, rather than a single canister type of look-- quite different than the thinking at other enthusiasts' groups... so i hope you are mindful of that...

exhaust options from a domestic souce like KO would be a very nice thing to have for this community, seriously...!

anyways, waiting to hear progess on this one...

Denver_whiteST185

I actually pm'ed kris and he said that it won't be done for awhile. it would really be nice to have an downpipe-back exhaust that fits correctly, while giving it a nice growl. i have an aussie midpipe now, and im not ecstatic about the fitment. the twin tip idea is the same thing that i was thinking about, and i have my eye on a flat black twin tip muffler that vibrant performance makes. that with a nice resonator and a clamp on cat (so it can be swaped out with a gutted cat), would be the perfect exhaust IMO.

theUNYTEDone

for you guys with emissions, yes. :evil:

Kris' exhaust will probably be out by the time i end up being ready to purchase a full system...i guess i'll compare prices with his and the Motoria with the work i'd have done to it.