Custom machined valve cover

Sifu

Nice. I want you guys to make me one that says
"Bad Mutha' *ucker."
Which one's yours? You know, the one that says Bad Mutha' Phucr.

KORacing

That would be kinda long to fit on there (Bad Mutha ******) -- and of course on the celicas we'd have the wording upside down from that depicted in the above link.

It's installed on a different car -- I'm going to do one for Loki, however but am going to try to get the stylized KO Racing logo on it (the one from the old site). I will also probably machine "LOKI" into the top of my intake manifold.

http://www.koracing.net/galleryimages/motor.jpg

theUNYTEDone

so will you be able to consider inquiries for personalized valve covers? that would be awesome....or do you need to program in each word individually? i know not how CNC mills work.. :doh:

KORacing

absolutely. There would of course be length issues with how much text would fit, and size is determined largely by tool size (it must be able to fit within the letters). We also would have an issue using someone else's logo or trademark without written permission.

theUNYTEDone

great! what about pricing? is it a per-letter type of deal?
i'm pretty sure i'm going to go with UNYTE. nice and simple. 8)

KORacing

For that, if you used the same font as in the valve cover we've already done, it would be about $250 for the valve cover polished and machined with you sending yours back. What year is your engine?

KORacing

The style of lettering isn't a big factor, it's whether or not I have the font, and if my tool can fit in it.

theUNYTEDone

KORacing":3r56os4o said:
For that, if you used the same font as in the valve cover we've already done, it would be about $250 for the valve cover polished and machined with you sending yours back. What year is your engine?

ive got a 1990 engine. however, i may be purchasing a used motor then building that one. not sure on the year, exactly. this will be a definite bling essential for my engine bay once the build is complete. 8) (yeah, i'll need those glasses.)

sleeper

I whan`t one!

but i live in norway and it would be expensive to shipp mine to you.. how mutch for one if you surply the valve cover?

KORacing

A new valve cover costs $260 additional (93 only -- backward compatible to work on 91's also). If I could find one used it would be less I'm sure, but no guarantee on finding one.

If you were willing to ship your old one back after you received a machined one, we could do it on an exchange basis.

sleeper

KORacing":2x1wq9cv said:
A new valve cover costs $260 additional (93 only -- backward compatible to work on 91's also). If I could find one used it would be less I'm sure, but no guarantee on finding one.

If you were willing to ship your old one back after you received a machined one, we could do it on an exchange basis.

sounds good.. will contact you soon.-.. :D