500whp all-trac

etantshi

smog7":2m6aup6q said:
its funny how this car got so much more attention over at mr2oc then here. alltrac owners are tooo quiet. awesome car by the way. I just didnt realize that it took so much to reach that high of hp.

Probably due to the location of the post and the fact that they just have more sheer members than we do. More members = more post whores.

ST185pinjo

What turbo was on there when you brought it to KO?
I can see a bend when it goes over your heatshield.

Every one here dreams of a 500AWHP car, but is too expensive for most.
You did the stroker your self, didn't you?

Over at the MR2oc there are much more people running higher HP than on this board.
I occasionally take a look there.

With the 2.2 what does your spool look like?
Do you use ALS for drag?

congratulations on getting married.

Looks like you have a 500AWHP wedding car. Don't lose the other cars on the freeway. :p

Denver_whiteST185

but i guarantee its cheaper than a z06 vette or a SRT10 viper after all that, and will smoke both of them in a quartermile (and IMO look better doing it)

ST185pinjo

nah, everyone's just way too impatient.

Why wait? The engine already fights time. Wait any longer and the engine will fall apart by itself. This is just old junk we are toying with. These engines don't have everlasting life.
Those newer and bigger engines will hold that power much longer with less maintenance.

Don't get me wrong, I love these car's. But the engine is not the only ting that'needs maintenance. Most cars are about 15 years old, so new rubbers allround, seats are worn, enz.

If you sell your vette or SRT10, you will get some money back. If you put a lot of money into a 15 year old car, you won't get back that much. Same with me. I can't sell my car now even if I wanted too. Too much money spend, that i'm not getting back with selling.

Ahh well, I'll have to live with that. :D

tjdouble07

ST185pinjo":2vjsukcl said:
What turbo was on there when you brought it to KO?
I can see a bend when it goes over your heatshield.

Every one here dreams of a 500AWHP car, but is too expensive for most.
You did the stroker your self, didn't you?

Over at the MR2oc there are much more people running higher HP than on this board.
I occasionally take a look there.

With the 2.2 what does your spool look like?
Do you use ALS for drag?

congratulations on getting married.

Looks like you have a 500AWHP wedding car. Don't lose the other cars on the freeway. :p

The same gt35r that was on the car when I brought it to KO is on the car now, minus a different compressor housing. With the adapter plate I had used for the turbo to the manifold, I had an interference issue with the clutch slave cylinder and the compressor housing when trying to clock it down, so I just modified my housing to bend the outlet to the left. Kris really wanted my turbo clocked down, and I think that was the driving force behind my car getting the turbo system adapted to the streetbrawler + new compressor housing.

I did build the stroker myself, and it was kind of funny how it came about. Basically went like this... I used to have an extra 3sgte block, but last motor build my machinist over bored it .040 ,and the block was basically junked. So when my last 3sgte blew up on the dyno (the last guy who tuned it was an idiot) I was out of 3s blocks, and after I visit to a local junkyard, I found a 5sfe in a Celica that they gave me complete and pulled from the car for $250. So I just figured it would be cheaper just to build the stroker.

As far as spool is concerned, it's great. 5psi by 2500 rpm, 15 psi by 4000 rpms and 30 psi by 4500 rpms. that still gives me 3500 rpms of full boost. And it might sound laggy, but the thing spools great. Absolutely perfect power band. You can drive it like a regular car on the street no problem, but if you want to get on it :shock: LOOK OUT! Seriously though, the car is a pleasure to drive even off boost. If someone was to borrow it and keep the RPMs below 4000 rpm, they'd never even suspect a thing.

As far as antilag at the track, I don't use it. I didn't build the car for the track, I just built it because I've replaced so many parts that the power was inevitable, and I just want a fast street car. But it will see the occasional track day.

I'm thinking about picking up some drag radials and doing a second gear take off at the track this time though... Any thoughts?

Thanks for the congrats on the wedding! Next weekend is it. I'm a little nervous to say the least, but I think will be good though. I think I'm finally ready to settle down and have kids. And no matter what, no matter how much she bugs, I will NEVER sell the Celica. :smokes:

And about the Celica being our wedding car... Not happening. I already asked, and not a chance in H#ll. I don't even think I even get to bring the car to the wedding. :| That's just not right. :p

tjdouble07

Denver_whiteST185":30gd8ose said:
but i guarantee its cheaper than a z06 vette or a SRT10 viper after all that, and will smoke both of them in a quartermile (and IMO look better doing it)

I 100% agree. It's funny cause a buddy of mine has (ok, had... he crashed it) a 2002 Corvette Z06, and I already have a faster 1/4 mile track time then he ever did. :D

tjdouble07

ST185pinjo":mm3z1xl0 said:
nah, everyone's just way too impatient.

Why wait? The engine already fights time. Wait any longer and the engine will fall apart by itself. This is just old junk we are toying with. These engines don't have everlasting life.
Those newer and bigger engines will hold that power much longer with less maintenance.

Don't get me wrong, I love these car's. But the engine is not the only ting that'needs maintenance. Most cars are about 15 years old, so new rubbers allround, seats are worn, enz.

If you sell your vette or SRT10, you will get some money back. If you put a lot of money into a 15 year old car, you won't get back that much. Same with me. I can't sell my car now even if I wanted too. Too much money spend, that i'm not getting back with selling.

Ahh well, I'll have to live with that. :D

These cars are old. I think for the most part it's not too hard to replace old worn rubber and bushings, but the thing that is killing me is my old brittle wiring harness. I've repaired a bunch of it so far, and still I have had problems. The final thing I've had happen to it was for the fans for the radiator to just stop working, with everything in the circuit appearing good. Insted of intensive T/S'ing I just said the heck with it and set the Nemesis to run the fans insted. That way I could turn them on at a cooler temperature anyway... :wink:

tjdouble07

etantshi":3laaxf72 said:
smog7":3laaxf72 said:
its funny how this car got so much more attention over at mr2oc then here. alltrac owners are tooo quiet. awesome car by the way. I just didnt realize that it took so much to reach that high of hp.

Probably due to the location of the post and the fact that they just have more sheer members than we do. More members = more post whores.

I kind of agree with smog7 on this one. This topic is also under the "My Project All-Trac" section, and after we submitted HP a track results, I got very little feedback. A little bit of a let down to say the least. I thought there would have been a little more enthusiasm/interest in my project. No biggy. The car turned out great, and that's good enough for me. Plenty of local interest though. 8)

alltracshoak

tjdouble07 said:
And about the Celica being our wedding car... Not happening. I already asked, and not a chance in H#ll. I don't even think I even get to bring the car to the wedding. :| That's just not right. :p
having the car there is like having your second GF there at your wedding... your wife wont like it :p

Denver_whiteST185

tjdouble07":34v7hzb7 said:
etantshi":34v7hzb7 said:
smog7":34v7hzb7 said:

I kind of agree with smog7 on this one. This topic is also under the "My Project All-Trac" section, and after we submitted HP a track results, I got very little feedback. A little bit of a let down to say the least. I thought there would have been a little more enthusiasm/interest in my project. No biggy. The car turned out great, and that's good enough for me. Plenty of local interest though. 8)

i bet there were alot of lurkers. Thats actually when i started paying attention.

just a question for you, what is your altitude and what kind of spool difference do you see between oregon and utah? im up around 5500 feet and im wondering the difference will be from sea level

tjdouble07

Well here in Utah I'm at 4200 ft altitude, and running 20-23 psi, I haven't noticed a difference in spool. If there is one, it's not very noticable.

Denver_whiteST185

tjdouble07":2sz46a66 said:
Well here in Utah I'm at 4200 ft altitude, and running 20-23 psi, I haven't noticed a difference in spool. If there is one, it's not very noticable.

really. Not even a few hundred rpm's?

gearhead313

That sounds like pretty good spool on that turbo.

...thought it makes me sad b/c my turbo has almost the identical spool charactoristics and none of the actually power making charactoristics! :(

tjdouble07

Denver_whiteST185":30u214k8 said:
tjdouble07":30u214k8 said:

really. Not even a few hundred rpm's?

I'll have to check/compare for you. I get the car out from paint Monday.

tjdouble07

Well I get to pick up the car from the body shop today. I checked it out last night, and it looks great. When I get back from my honeymoon in about a week, I'll post pictures in the "My Project All-Trac" section under "My GT35R st185 Project" topic.

tjdouble07

k2skater":39517ooi said:
so with all this.. motor build, turbo kit and everything how much have you spent?

I don't know, exactly. Too hard to keep track. Let's just say a lot. Most of the expenses on the car were from long before the car ever showed up at KO Racing, and I've replaced many things along the way, increasing the expense quite a bit. Also, excluding the latest turbo setup, exhaust, tuning, and some of the detail work, most of the work was done by me. I think if you were to sit down and do everything right the first time, and maybe add a little more to the fuel system then I did, you could easly spend $10,000-$20,000+ no problem.

A rough breakdown on what parts could cost someone with a similar setup as me, the breakdown would look something like this:

GT35r Streetbrawler with blue WG

$3000

Hydra Nemisis:

$1500 plus tuning

Intake Manifold with mustang throttlebody

$800

Exhaust:

$800

Oil filter relocation kit + hardware + oil cooler

$500

Electronic boost controller

$400-$500

BOV

$200-$300

FMIC setup:

$1000

Lightweight flywheel plus ACT clutch kit:

$700

Fully built 2.2 liter stoker (I really don't feel like breaking down the price of this)

$3000-$5000

This doesn't include any of the basic stuff needed, such as fuel system (injectors, AN fitting, SS line, modified side feed or aftermarket top feed fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, etc...) or electrical, and there are always expenses for the car that are not easy to keep track of (such as various plumbing fittings/hoses). But let me tell you, the little stuff adds up quickly!

If you were to have KO Racing do everything for you, I really have no clue how much it would cost, as I don't work for KO. You'd need to contact Kris for that. What I can say though is that he will do a better job then 99.999% of the do-it-yourselfer's out there can do, including myself. Kris is not one to take shortcuts, he has a very good attention to detail, is a full fledged mechanical engineer, and everything I've ever seen him work on has turned to gold. What else can I say. I think Kris does great work. :)

k2skater

true thanks for breaking it all down like that. the problem is im all the way on the east coast. so dont think id be able to go to them. i was lookin at the turbo kit they were offering and its a very good deal. maybe in a little while ill go that route. just wanna do a few little basic things, max out the ct26 and when im bored with the power start buyin little pieces :D and what color is your car is that a stock color? i think that color is sooo sexy