KO Racing Turbo Kits!!!

KORacing

The intercooled setup I've heard is good into the 400whp range, so I'd think the 50 trim T3/T4, or the GT30 turbos would work well. The alignment should be fine as well.

ST185pinjo

MY KO GT3071r test fitted.

11jsspk.jpg

2hcjbzl.jpg

122okgl.jpg

KORacing

A small note, the GT series turbo are physically narrower than the T3/T4's, probably by most of that amount. Great pic by the way!

Where does the BOV go on the RC IC? Or does it not have one? I highly recommend using a BOV for the life of the turbo.

On previous setups where the ST205 core was used, we didn't have the standard brackets, so either made our own, or didn't use any other than the hoses, and gravity with some padding under the core.

etantshi

A nice hump hose aught to fix that problem. Yeah, the st185 WTA IC cores do not come stock with BOV fittings.

ST185pinjo

Where does the BOV go on the RC IC?

There is no BOV stock as said. I used a T-hose with my CT26 and EVOIII.

I have seen pics with the T3/T4 kits and RC-IC, and they seem to fit much better.

Pretty close but not perfect eh

It is about 3[cm] off. The gap between turbo and IC-inlet is also about 4 a 5 [cm]. Not much room to play with. I think the best option is to cut the intake pipe and reweld it. Otherwise you will be stuck with a nasty bend in it.

I bought a ST205 core to cut and reweld. Maybe I'll just go FMIC. :shrug:

KORacing

No direct comparisons (A to B) but typically, what I would predict is slightly more lag than a 46 trim with the GT30's (similar to a 50 trim T3/T4) with greater power capability in most cases. Numerically, my prediction would be 250-500rpm later spool, and the ability to support 450-550whp depending on particular model.

thebish5thgen

I plan on getting a kit in the next couple months......however, funds are tight and I will not be able to afford an ECU OR EMS for a while. so 2 questions.

1. If I do not upgrade my fuel system but get the SB kit, will it cause problems if I keep the boost low?

2. Are you guys running any current specials that might save a guy a couple bucks? haha.

KORacing

It is possible to run the turbo kit on a completely stock Gen 2 motor by keeping the boost low. The way the 3SGTEs run they start to dump 100% duty cycle on the injectors at a certain point. This is why we can make the power we can on the stock ecus. The trick is to stay within that margin and keep it safe -- don't run lean. In theory it should be impossible to push enough air through the motor with a stock turbo to run lean, but with the SB kits, that is no longer the case. You will have to keep boost typically under 16psi to not go lean with these larger turbos on a Gen 2 3SGTE.