ACT Group Buy by KO Racing

KORacing

Dates for the group buy are Dec. 2nd through Dec. 15th. If there are not enough interested parties by the conclusion of the group buy, we won't be doing it.

I will also be introducing some new clutches from ACT with this sale. I think most people are familiar at this point with the HD clutches rated at 500ftlbs. New for '09 are 2 new pressure plates for the 3SGTE applications to increase the torque capacity from 500ftlbs. to 645ftlbs. for the XT pressure plates (Extreme), or 707ftlbs. for XX pressure plates (Maxx Extreme). Pedal effort is expected to increase over the HD, but it should not double according to ACT, though they don't have a quantifiable pedal effort measurement, and I haven't installed one of these yet (thinking about it for Loki ilo the Clutchmaster's twin disk I have now).

The price adder for the XT and XX are $50 and $80 respectively. So for part of this sale you can order a TM1-XTR6 for $395 or a TM1-XXR6 for $425. I'm trying to get ACT to send me a flywheel to test fit on my Gen1 and Gen2 mockups to verify it's application.

I need to get 10 clutch sales and/or 5 flywheel sales for these prices:

ACT Heavy Duty Street Disk TM1-HDMM $335
ACT Heavy Duty 6 puck unsprung TM1-HDR6 $345
ACT Heavy Duty 6 puck sprung TM1-HDG6 $365
ACT Extreme 6 puck unsprung TM1-XTR6 $395
ACT Extreme 6 puck sprung TM1-XTG6 $415
ACT Maxx Extreme 6 puck unsprung TM1-XXR6 $425
ACT Maxx Extreme 6 puck sprung TM1-XXG6 $445
ACT XACT ProLite flywheel 600390 $260

Standard shipping applies.

If you are interested in one of these clutches, add your board name (full name) and product interested in to this list:

1. Loki (kris osheim) TM1-XTR6 and 600390 FW (pending verification of use on 2.2 stroker)

KO Racing, Inc.
www.koracing.net
503-496-0563

KORacing

klue":2ow8w1iz said:
ACT Extreme 6 puck unsprung TM1-XTR6 -< if it will work on 2.2 L

Are you asking if it will work on a 5SFE engine/transmission or if it will work on a stroker?

If your tranny is an alltrac tranny (turbo tranny), and using it on a stroker, the only real difference you have to worry about is in your flywheel as the 5SFE uses a smaller diameter bolt circle than the 2nd and 3rd gen 3SGTE engines. The clutch doesn't care about this, only that the flywheel and transmission are 3SGTE pieces.

klue

KORacing":3ljfrq5d said:
klue":3ljfrq5d said:
ACT Extreme 6 puck unsprung TM1-XTR6 -< if it will work on 2.2 L

Are you asking if it will work on a 5SFE engine/transmission or if it will work on a stroker?

If your tranny is an alltrac tranny (turbo tranny), and using it on a stroker, the only real difference you have to worry about is in your flywheel as the 5SFE uses a smaller diameter bolt circle than the 2nd and 3rd gen 3SGTE engines. The clutch doesn't care about this, only that the flywheel and transmission are 3SGTE pieces.

I have both st165 and 5sfe to bolt up to the 5sfe crank.

KORacing

So should I add your name to the list? Will you have funds for this by the conclusion of the group buy?

klue

KORacing":xs7fa2iu said:
So should I add your name to the list? Will you have funds for this by the conclusion of the group buy?

canadian dollar SUX ATM.

Will the clutch work on the 5sfe or st165 flywheels?

tissimo

Whats the deal on this? Is it going to go through?

I'm down for a ACT Extreme 6 puck unsprung TM1-XTR6 $395

KORacing

These are the people from the MR2 message boards that are on board. It looks like we will be a go, though with slightly less clutches, I'll have to see if we can still get the same pricing.

1. Loki (kris osheim) TM1-XTR6 and 600390 FW (pending verification of use on 2.2 stroker)
2. MR2Xiong (Ben Xiong) 600390 FW
3. PearlJammzz (Brian Stephens): TM1-HDR6 and 600390 FW
4. zeroordie881(Robert Montgomery): TM1-HDR6 & 600390 FW
5. stealth (Wesam Azaz) TM1-HDR6 & 600390 FW
6. rogue_phoenix (name) 600390 FW
7. mr2dude2000 (Danny Transfiguracion) 600390 FW
8. O45 DEUCE (Charles Rieger) heavy duty 6 puck sprung TM1-HDG6 & prolite flywheel 600390
9. Fezzman (Feroz Ahmad) TM1-HDR6
10. Phoenix (David Duryea) TM1-HDR6

11. tissimo (name?) TM1-XTR6

At the conclusion of the group buy, I will change the pricing on the site to the GB pricing, and you will place your order there to get the correct shipping to you. I'll leave the pricing up for about 4-5 days as I don't want this to drag on any longer than it has to before we place the order.

tissimo

Justin Treap

Will you pm us / post on the board when the pricing is changed? I need to pickup some oil fittings from you guys as well, so that'll work I'll put it all on the same order.

Thanks

KORacing

tissimo":3aiyhpg9 said:
Justin Treap

Will you pm us / post on the board when the pricing is changed? I need to pickup some oil fittings from you guys as well, so that'll work I'll put it all on the same order.

Thanks

Yes, I will let you know when the pricing is changed. I found out my rep that I was working with on getting the group buy is out of town this week (which he neglected to mention to me when we organized this), so I may have to hold off one more week before finalizing this group buy.

KORacing

Members of this group buy can now place their orders on the website. i will leave pricing up there for approximately 10 days to allow for more time to get all the orders placed. Once all clutches and flywheels are paid for, I will place the order with my supplier, and the order should take approximately 10 business days to ship at that point. I may be able to get some pieces quicker depending on stock levels with ACT, but no guarantees on that. If you have a need to get your parts quicker, let me know.

compy591

Is this deal still going? I may be interested in a new clutch if i can still get in on the deal. And I'm under the assumption the "ACT Heavy Duty Street Disk TM1-HDMM" will fit a 165, correct?

tissimo

oh, I didn't know you changed the price so soon. I'll order it tomorrow (at work now, then family christmas stuff tonight.. tomorrow i'll have time to order).

KORacing

compy591":2tc3zwrp said:
Is this deal still going? I may be interested in a new clutch if i can still get in on the deal. And I'm under the assumption the "ACT Heavy Duty Street Disk TM1-HDMM" will fit a 165, correct?

It's still open for the time being. The TM1-HDMM will work on a 165, yes. I don't have it listed on my site, but you can paypal directly for that item, or call with a credit card to place the order. This will be open until Monday the 29th.

KORacing

All clutches and flywheels have shipped except those that were waiting for other items with the order -- working on those now.

tissimo

KORacing":11tpjny6 said:
All clutches and flywheels have shipped except those that were waiting for other items with the order -- working on those now.

whats the good word on my order? I havn't heard anything. I've been meaning to call, but been very busy with work lately and keep slipping my mind.

KORacing

We've been waiting on getting more oil return adapters. I've sent out emails stating the status of your order, so I'm not sure why you haven't had any update. Are my emails going to your trash bin, or spam folder?