Hydra Nemesis 2.7 PnP EMS FLEX FUEL GB

KORacing

Hydra Nemesis 2.7 PnP EMS FLEX FUEL GB
Ok, so I wanted to gauge interest in getting a group buy together of 10 units to try and offer a better price on this EMS. So far the 2.7 is blowing away all previous versions in function and capability with completely new firmware, no more corruptions issues, USB to serial adapter compatible, windows 7 compatible, faster connection, and just released was the flex fuel support option.

Full details can be seen here: http://www.koracing.net/viewproduct...=42&product=100
And here: http://hydraems.com/nemesis27page/specs/

Regular retail pricing is as follows (MR2/Celica Gen2/3 PnP units):

Beta Spec: $1450
Gamma Spec: $1600
Delta Spec: $1700
Epsilon Spec (including Flex Fuel and Can Bus support): $1900

Units Below Epsilon can be purchased with Flex Fuel support for $250 at the time of purchase if one were so inclined, but didn't care for the other upgrade options.

Also, for current Nemesis 2.1-2.6 Owners, there is a special on the current upgrade pricing (http://hydraems.com/emsupgrade/) that includes one year of additional warranty once the unit is upgraded. You can also get the unit upgraded to Epsilon for the price of the Delta upgrade until April 15th. If this group buy yields enough new unit purchases, the upgrade price can also be decreased.

After discussing with Hydra about doinga GB with 10 units we could get the pricing to (MR2/Celica 3SGTE units only):

Beta Spec: $1150
Gamma Spec: $1250
Delta Spec: $1350
Epsilon Spec: $1500

The Flex Fuel support option allows use of a flex fuel sensor to seamlessly run E85 and Pump Gas and anywhere in between or beyond.

How it works (basically): Tune with pump gas on the base fuel, Timing, and boost (requires Nemesis boost control option) tables, then drain the tank, fill with E85 and re-tune using the auxiliary offset maps for fuel, timing, and boost. Then with a GM flex fuel sensor (sourced separately) wired in, the Nemesis will interpolate the tune between the two based on the ethanol content. It will also extrapolate to ethanol levels beyond your *tuned* fuel, meaning if you tuned with E70 and then put in E85, it will increase boost, timing, and fuel by a commensurate amount.

There are also auxiliary adjustment maps to help with cold starting on E85.

If you would buy at the GB price by mid-April, please add your name to this list with Car, Engine Generation, and Specification level desired in this format:

*example*
0. Kris Osheim, MR2, Gen 2, Epsilon
0. Lilly Osheim, Alltrac, Gen 3, Beta

I already own these, so I don't need another one and won't be part of this GB myself.

1. Jason Estes 1991 MR2 Gen 2 Beta Spec -- PAID
2. Eric Rabon, mr2, Gen 2, Beta Spec -- PAID
3. David G., MR2, Gen 3, Beta Spec -- PAID
4. Dino S., MR2, Gen 2, Beta Spec -- did not pay
5. Leo Brenes, 91 Mr2 Gen 2, Beta Spec -- PAID
6. heller, celica 90. Gen 2, Epsilon Spec -- PAID
7. Jose in NY, 90 Celica Alltrac, Epsilon Spec -- PAID
8. Houston, MR2, Gen 2, Epsilon Spec -- PAID
9. Yeep, MR2, Gen 2, Beta Spec -- PAID
10. Perez, mr2, gen 3, beta spec -- PAID

ORDERING EXPIRED

ZeroDrift

Both my old Subaru and my Fiance's Subaru used the Hydra 2.5 ecu and it worked extremely well! With pricing like this I'd potentially be game to get the premium version of this ecu. Does this include any wiring harness to make use of the launch control features? Also, does this price include the wideband sensor? Will this be a plug and play ordeal for my ST165?

What time frames are we talking about for this group buy?

1. ZeroDrift ST165 Epsilon Spec

zero06

this is something I would dip into my paint/body work funds for :cry:
How well does the e85 fluctuation tuning work? any power numbers and fuel economies on 3sgte?

KORacing

ZeroDrift":ot8uj2ap said:
Both my old Subaru and my Fiance's Subaru used the Hydra 2.5 ecu and it worked extremely well! With pricing like this I'd potentially be game to get the premium version of this ecu. Does this include any wiring harness to make use of the launch control features? Also, does this price include the wideband sensor itself as well as the flex fuel sensor? Will this be a plug and play ordeal for my ST165?

This pricing is for Gen 2 and Gen 3 Engines in the alltracs (i.e. wiring harnesses using Gen 2 or Gen 3 ECU connectors and pinouts). For the ST165 wiring harness with Gen1 ECU, it would add $100 as we have to source a connector and build the adapter harness custom for that. This does not include wideband or Flex Fuel sensors. Launch control would require a wire and pin so I could throw that in -- but I don't recommend using launch control on the Alltrac as I've seen a couple of center differentials break using it.

Timing would be to conclude this group buy by April 15th, and then have units shipped by the first week in May.

The regular price of the WB sensor and cable is $205, but for the GB I could do $175 (basically free cable).

If we get enough new unit purchases (10), we can discount the upgrade cost as well.

KORacing

zero06":202c81v0 said:
this is something I would dip into my paint/body work funds for :cry:
How well does the e85 fluctuation tuning work? any power numbers and fuel economies on 3sgte?

The point of running the flex fuel sensor is to account for variations in ethanol content making it a no-brainer once tuned for the end user. I don't have any cars tuned with E85 here at the moment (though several projects in process that will probably use this option -- 2 ST185 Alltracs in particular running Gen 3 engines). As for power, I tuned a car on pump that made 335whp on 92, and 420whp on E85. This is a new capability and that's why they (and I) are willing to offer this discount.

ZeroDrift

KORacing":35m3sqdf said:
ZeroDrift":35m3sqdf said:
Both my old Subaru and my Fiance's Subaru used the Hydra 2.5 ecu and it worked extremely well! With pricing like this I'd potentially be game to get the premium version of this ecu. Does this include any wiring harness to make use of the launch control features? Also, does this price include the wideband sensor itself as well as the flex fuel sensor? Will this be a plug and play ordeal for my ST165?

This pricing is for Gen 2 and Gen 3 Engines in the alltracs (i.e. wiring harnesses using Gen 2 or Gen 3 ECU connectors and pinouts). For the ST165 wiring harness with Gen1 ECU, it would add $100 as we have to source a connector and build the adapter harness custom for that. This does not include wideband or Flex Fuel sensors. Launch control would require a wire and pin so I could throw that in -- but I don't recommend using launch control on the Alltrac as I've seen a couple of center differentials break using it.

Timing would be to conclude this group buy by April 15th, and then have units shipped by the first week in May.

The regular price of the WB sensor and cable is $205, but for the GB I could do $175 (basically free cable).

If we get enough new unit purchases (10), we can discount the upgrade cost as well.

That sounds fine. I'm down for the wideband sensor and if you can source it the flex fuel sensor. Regarding launch control, I was thinking these tranny's can hold up fine for non-tarmac launches such as snow and dirt and possibly wet tarmac? I have a spare ST205 tranny as a backup worse case scenario, but I don't want to toss that in until later on if at all possible. I take it you can provide a base map? I've no issue building upon that.

KORacing

ZeroDrift":39pjp74w said:
That sounds fine. I'm down for the wideband sensor and if you can source it the flex fuel sensor. Regarding launch control, I was thinking these tranny's can hold up fine for non-tarmac launches such as snow and dirt and possibly wet tarmac? I have a spare ST205 tranny as a backup worse case scenario, but I don't want to toss that in until later on if at all possible. I take it you can provide a base map? I've no issue building upon that.

Yes, we have a base map based on a stock gen 2 engine that has worked well to get the car started for tuning (used it for a starting point to tune a rebuilt forged Gen 3 engine recently with mostly stock components). One of the first units I sent out with the 2.7 base map (and I must say I DO NOT recommend this) was thrown on a stock car by the customer and strapped on a dyno and tested at WOT with NO calibrations done (TPS, or WIdeband) and compared with his stock ECU -- it started right up and made 10 more whp. I can't describe how much I would advise against doing that, but it is a point of reference.

I have found new AC Delco flex fuel sensors as low as $335 on Rock Auto (search for 2004 Chevy Tahoe with 5.3). You may also be able to find some in late model salvage yards.

I can't say how well the transaxles (center diffs in particular) will hold up for soft stuff launches and certainly the unit has that launch control capabiliity, so entirely up to you if you want to use it. It requires running a wire from the unit to the clutch switch and then tuning the appropriate amount of fuel and ignition cycle cut at your desired RPM.

zero06

how well does the auto tune feature work, if i were to drive my car conservatively with base maps?
and I'm having trouble finding the list of tuners on their site? The only thing I've heard bad about the hydra is that tuning is difficult?

KORacing

zero06":3lmte3s5 said:
how well does the auto tune feature work, if i were to drive my car conservatively with base maps?
and I'm having trouble finding the list of tuners on their site? The only thing I've heard bad about the hydra is that tuning is difficult?

There's no replacement for a good tuner. The Long Term Learning option is not exactly "autotune" and is intended to improve the tune over time on the fuel side, but you certainly aren't going to get a full tune out of long term learning (more like mild changes similar to an OEM ecu). No timing adjustments would be made. As far as being "difficult" to tune, i think they are easy, but I tune mostly Hydras.

With the Hydra you have all the tools necessary and better resolution to get an excellent running engine -- more resolution than other ecus in this price range (32x32 fuel and timing maps with 14bit resolution per load point -- 16384 possible values in .0049ms increments). Peak and hold injector drivers for more precise injector control (no resistor packs to worry about). I think why a lot of people recommend other ecus is it's also what you're comfortable with and some people have a hard time going outside of their comfort zone (i.e trying something new). Boost compensation? Available. VE Mode? Available. What should really matter is if the hardware is good, will last a long time, and can do the job you need done as good or better than comparable units. In my mind there isn't a better unit in this price range to meet this criteria.

Here is their list of dealers: http://hydraems.com/dealers/us/

Akihero

im interested in this group buy for the epsilon spec. I was wondering on if you wanted to add the use of your own wide band and was wondering if options were lowered as well or just the base price? and will be there be an issue with adding this option to the group buy?

KORacing

Options will be at normal prices except the wideband and cable option. I'm currently on the road but will be back on Monday. I will update at that point. Get your name in to me if you are ready to buy as regardless of number we will likely be closing this in the next couple of days.

ZeroDrift

Well as luck would have it, my budget changed for the next few months. I'll need to be removed from this list for now. Best of luck with the rest of the group buy!

KORacing

ZeroDrift":r7bwcxet said:
Well as luck would have it, my budget changed for the next few months. I'll need to be removed from this list for now. Best of luck with the rest of the group buy!

Ok, this will make it more difficult for the rest, but we will see what happens. I'm going to talk to Hydra tomorrow with the final quantity of people and see if they are still willing to allow this once in a lifetime pricing for a smaller group.

To anyone on the fence: you will not see these units at this price again any time in the foreseeable future if ever.

KORacing

heller":3gppkq9y said:
count me in, if its not too late just gotta get my engine info.

All I need for engine info is the part number off of your stock ECU -- should look like 89661-XXXXX.

I've confirmed this pricing is good through hydra for the reduced quantity, so I will be setting up a special shopping cart item on my website with the special pricing for the GB Hydra and reduced wideband option. If any lurkers wanted to purchase at this price, but didn't post, they will be able to do so directly through the site later today. The GB Hydra will be removed from my site after Friday the 20th of April, 2012, so that will be the deadline to place your order. This pricing is exclusive to this GB and will not be available (most likely) ever again.

here's link to order: ... -- expired after 4/20/12