Tein SS

General Chat

Tein SS -softest setting - DD

Yes anything is confortable for me as long as i can turn at 90...
18%
My parents or gf or wife or children don't complain
9%
Confortable for daily driving (personal opinion, but other disagree)
73%
Absolutely not
No votes

Total votes : 11

Postby 124Spider » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:33 pm

CodingParadox wrote:I put tein SS on my 185 DD, dialed the front and back both up to middle stiffness, and REALLY like it for daily driving. It's actually a great combination of smooth over bumps, and yet stiff when you wanna lean into it.

My dad just put tein SS on his 165 and likes it a lot, for similar reasons. I'd say it's absolutely fine for DD. I drive back and forth from Portland to Redmond on average once a month or so, which is 200 miles. The first time I'd ever not had a sore ass at the end of a trip was after I put the tein SS on and headed up there. Set them to middle stiffness, and it was like butta.
I like the stiffness of the ride with my new Teins, but that stiffness isn't for everyone. I like feeling the road, and going around corners without having to brake, or keeling over. That's just me, but certainly not everyone.

If you prefer soft comfort, stiff shocks aren't for you, but if you like feeling the road, and a bit of a stiff ride (nothing overbearing, at all), these are a quantum leap above the old, dead shocks the car had when I bought it (and totally destroyed at a rally school in Portland in September).
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
2004 Honda S2000
1991 Spec Miata
2004 Mazda RX-8 (wife's car)
1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac ST165 (sold)
124Spider
Club Member

Postby 124Spider » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:37 pm

935motorsports wrote:I have sold a few spacer sets to TEIN st165 owners. No feedback yet on how well the spacers work.
Like a charm. At least for installation and the first couple of test rides. No data yet on how robust they are.

Putting the rear shocks in by myself was a very large PITA, but I'm very pleased with the improvement in the feel of the car with these shocks (of course, the shocks cost just over 50% of what I paid for an entire working car, so they'd better be nice!). :)
2004 Honda S2000
1991 Spec Miata
2004 Mazda RX-8 (wife's car)
1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac ST165 (sold)
124Spider
Club Member

Postby 3sgte@daspeedof » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:12 pm

:bangshead:

I guess that means no one has a used set they want to get rid of, well you guys let me know, if you do please. If I don't find a set by may of next year I'll just buy a new one.
Alltrac hood, carcept sides, erubuni front lip
3sgte swapped celi

A boosted Celica is fun, Seeing the look on someones face when they get left by a car that is primered is priceless
3sgte@daspeedof
Club Member

Postby CodingParadox » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:19 pm

Personally, I'm not really one to trust buying used suspension, even used nice suspension. It'd probably be worth it just to buy the set new. It's not all that much money, really, and worth the warranty and peace of mind.
David - Former owner of multiple Alltracs. Have moved on to yellower fields...
CodingParadox
Established Member

Postby SuperWhite92 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:26 pm

CodingParadox wrote:Personally, I'm not really one to trust buying used suspension, even used nice suspension. It'd probably be worth it just to buy the set new. It's not all that much money, really, and worth the warranty and peace of mind.

Teins are one of the few aftermarket rebuildable shocks, and IIRC, they aren't outrageous to have rebuilt.
Shaun
My 1992 Alltrac is for sale again.
SuperWhite92
GTFour God

Postby CodingParadox » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:27 pm

It's true, it's like 75$/shock to have 'em rebuilt.
David - Former owner of multiple Alltracs. Have moved on to yellower fields...
CodingParadox
Established Member

Postby 3sgte@daspeedof » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:03 pm

hence the reason I'm looking for a used set cuse the rear need to be modified to fit the fwd celica's
Alltrac hood, carcept sides, erubuni front lip
3sgte swapped celi

A boosted Celica is fun, Seeing the look on someones face when they get left by a car that is primered is priceless
3sgte@daspeedof
Club Member

Previous

Return to Club Chat