does double clutch extend clutch's life?

General Chat

does double clutching extend clutch life.

yes
10%
no
90%

Total votes : 20

Postby grip addict » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:04 am

no, you guys described the same thing, just differently. that is the double clutch method in all its glory.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
i need to warn everyone-
ATSAaron wrote:You specifically told Matt that "some kid dumped sand into my motor."

don't let some kid dump sand into your motor.
grip addict
Established Member

Postby toayoztan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:17 am

toayoztan wrote:Haha, dry shifting...similar to power shifting. Power shifting (to my knowledge) is holding down the gas, and slamming it to the next gear up..

In any case, rev matching is also good because not only are you jerking you and the passengers, but you're putting more "shock" to ball joints, cv joints, etc. Rev matching helps reduce the shock to these areas.

Bryan

Hey, i haven't been keeping up with this thread, so i just read all the posts after my reply to this thread. I wanted to edit and clear my comment up. I did mean to say that power shifting was holding down the gas, and slamming it to the next gear up while stabbing the clutch. A lot of honda people do it around here. Maybe that's why some consider it a ricer trick :shrug:

I honestly can admit i can't stab fast enough. Though since i can't afford trannys and clutches, I really don't like to practice to get better right now heh. I just learn to shift as fast as possible...then again, i dont' race much until my car is faster :D

Sorry for any confusion, but I agree, powershifting is stabbing clutch. Dry is no clutch. I haven't actually heard anyone around here dry clutching.

Bryan
2017 Pilot Elite
2014 Juke NISMO RS
1994 Supra TT 6spd
1993 Alltrac - http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37466
1977 Celica GT Liftback
2015 Grom
1977 GL1000
toayoztan
GTFour God

1993 Toyota Celica

Postby Simba » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:11 pm

StranD wrote:Hey, I have a totally different idea of what double clutching is compared to Simba's description on the last page...

No, you've got it right, you've just got clutch engagement backwards. Pressing the pedal down does not engage the clutch. It disengages it from the flywheel.

Lots of fast, loud things.
Simba
Established Member

Previous

Return to Club Chat